Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Muslim Mamas!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have a totally serious question for you...

I live in the South, and there are a few Muslim families that live near me..  How do you all deal with the heat & hotmidity when it is eleventy billion degrees out in the summer time???  

Do you wear less?  Do you sweat it out?? Do you go to the beach, and if you do, what do you all wear?  I'm going to guess it isn't a traditional bathing suit.  

I'm not bashing.. I'm just trying to figure out how you don't pass out with all of those layers on.   Because quite frankly, if you have some sort of secret that keeps you cool - I want to know!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rissarin
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia.bear
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM

bump! I'm not a Muslim, but I've heard that forswimming, they wear something like a wetsuit. and during he summer, they sometimes wear nothing under their...I can't remember what it's called, bt the big dress thing. and that th wind going through the fabric is really cooling.

I maybe completely wrong though.

Zanny
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Interesting...  Maybe I'll just ask the lady I see at the school every day... She dosn't seem too friendly though

Zanny
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM

BUMP!

Milaya2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Abaya

Quoting alicia.bear:

bump! I'm not a Muslim, but I've heard that forswimming, they wear something like a wetsuit. and during he summer, they sometimes wear nothing under their...I can't remember what it's called, bt the big dress thing. and that th wind going through the fabric is really cooling.

I maybe completely wrong though.

"People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."

~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)