Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh just my luck. I wish I could catch a break with my health.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM
  • 33 Replies

i swear since I hurt my back it's been one thing after another. I had emergency back surgery in Jan 10. The pain came back X10 within 4 months (the Dr's told me the surgery should have lasted for at least 10 years). So I have had to depend on very heavy narcotics since then to even get out of bed in the morning. Everyday I have to set my alarm a half hour earlier before my children get up so I am able to get them out of their cribs.

About a month ago I had surgery again, unsuccessful, grrr!  As most of you know I was in Georgetown hospital two weeks ago cause they were going to do an emergency spinal fusion. Thank goodness they didn't because I had viral meningitis.

That leads me to now. I am in excruciating back pain because the surgery couldn't be done due to the infection. I have viral meningitis which makes me feel like I have the flu. Now the meningitis spread to my brain, it;s called encephalitis. I have an infectious disease appt today at 3:30, hopefully the Dr will help to make me feel better. All of this is viral so an antibiotic won't help. It seems like I just can't catch a break, I can catch everything else though ha.

At this point we're waiting for the infection to get better, which it's not in order for them to be able to do a new minimally invasive surgery which will increase my chances of getting off of narcotics and feeling better by a huge %. I'm so discouraged and can feel myself slipping into a slight depression about this. I am just glad that I qualify for the new high tech surgery, it will save me months of recovery.

My Dr's are freaking out because of the infection going into my brain. All it does is give me a headache and makes me dizzy. They told me to rush to the ER but I'm tired of going to the ER and getting multiple test done with all the same result. It's un-needed, I had a spinal tap there is no other test that is more accurate in diagnosing this. Hopefully this new infectious disease Dr knows what she is doing and doesn't just say the same thing as all of the other Dr's. I already know what todays outcome is going to be "we can't open you until the infection goes away" now please pay your 30 dollar co-pay, haha!

Just a vent. I just want this pain to be over, especially before this summer so I can actually have fun and be able to walk and play with my kids. I'm a big ball of BLAH1

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onlyiknew
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I hope you feel better soon

LyTe684
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM

hugsfeel better

caseykassidy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:51 AM

hugging

Elyce, that REALLY sucks. I hope it gets better for you soon. It just sounds like you have been living a nightmare since you first hurt your back. I'm sending you good vibes in hope that things turn around soon!

NotUrMama72
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Wow... I am sorry you are going through all of this! I hope the infection goes away fast so that you can begin to heal!! 

feel better

Schnizzle
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM

What a rough time you're going through!  Just trust in the Lord and he'll help you in this hard time.

ShawnaH2005
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Quoting onlyiknew:

I hope you feel better soon

danie24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM

((((((HUGS)))))))

I am so sorry, Elyce! That sounds so awful and scary I can't even imagine!

What will it mean if the infection is in your brain?? What can they do about that? And what kind of damage can that cause?

rissarin
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Aww I hope you feel better soon and get that surgery! Good luck to you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandyP27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM

hugs I'm so sorry sweetie! I hope things get better for you!

SunnyJoJo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Oh my! OK you need to get better like now, sunnyjojo says so. Just tell your doctor that and he'll understand.

Seriously, I hope you get better soon! *Hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)