Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of day care centers in high schools?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM
  • 448 Replies

Daycare centers are in some schools so that the students have somewhere to drop off their babies and finish high school. What do you think?

I think it's irresponsible. I mean, I get the reasoning behind it, so that IF students get pregnant, they have to option of staying in school with out worrying about day care. But I think it's too easy. What's stopping teens from getting pregnant, if the solution is right down the hall? What's stopping them from thinking "ohhh I'll get so much attention when I bring my baby to school, and everyone will see the cute little outfit I put on her! YAY! My parents will get over it eventually, and everything well be fine and dandy."

Do you think these daycare centers in high schools are beneficial or a too easy fix for the teen pregnancy epidemic?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msjaxon
by Dori on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM

As long as it's not free, the stdents should have to pay SOMETHING for it, I don't care

RyansMommy6407
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM

But who will end up paying in most cases? The parents, not the teen. Still to easy.

Quoting msjaxon:

As long as it's not free, the stdents should have to pay SOMETHING for it, I don't care

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I think they either need to get kids from having sex or get to use responsible BC.  All the girls on 16 and pregnant and Teen Mom admit they just didn't use BC. They knew about it and didn't care.  Who will pay for daycares?  Taxes?  Hell NO.  If they pay, I still don't agree. 

Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM

My stepson his kinda ex I called her an around the way gal and she left the child with him. We paid 60 bucks a week and SS had to get good grades or you could not have a child in the program. He was the only daddy

rocker_mommy_08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM

i think its benificial. my sister had my niece her senior year. the daycare was on a different part of the campus and the kids all had to take parenting classes (male and female if the dad went to the school too). They had to do parenting and finance classes in order to be allowed to graduate. Plus on their free period they had to come into the daycare and take care of their own kid

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I think it is dumb.

I think the world becoming so PC about being teen parents...not supporting your own family...being obese...doing drugs....etc....is the downfall of society.

momandvet
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I'd rather they finish school and go on to be productive members of society, than drop out and go on to draw from the system.  They can just integrat it into a child care elective program just as colleges have child care programs staffed by students.

RyansMommy6407
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM

So you have to take a few extra classes...so what? I'm not really arguing with you...I'm just asking how that stops teens from getting pregnant on purpose or taking some sort of BC to make sure they don't get pregnant?

Quoting rocker_mommy_08:

i think its benificial. my sister had my niece her senior year. the daycare was on a different part of the campus and the kids all had to take parenting classes (male and female if the dad went to the school too). They had to do parenting and finance classes in order to be allowed to graduate. Plus on their free period they had to come into the daycare and take care of their own kid

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Quoting RyansMommy6407:

So you have to take a few extra classes...so what? I'm not really arguing with you...I'm just asking how that stops teens from getting pregnant on purpose or taking some sort of BC to make sure they don't get pregnant?

Quoting rocker_mommy_08:

It doesn't. It actually makes it easier for them.

"Oh...its okay if I get pregnant...mommy and daddy will take care of me and when they go to work I can just bring the baby to daycare at school."

caliessence87
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)