Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural remedies for ear infections... UPDATE :)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM
  • 22 Replies

What else is good for ear infections besides Garlic ear oil?  I know colloidal silver is good too and any vitamins that boost the immune system.  Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything else.  Thanks.

BTW my 2 year old is the one w/ the infection (both ears).

Just an update... His double ear infection went away without antibiotics!  I used garlic ear oil and took him to the Chiropractor.  I'm so glad my baby's not sick anymore!!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Only antibiotics worked for my girls.  An infection is an infection.  You might mask the problems but they dont' go away.  At least I don't think so.  If its just fluid, but no infection that is different. 

andreab562
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Well I know that garlic has antibiotic properties, and I have treated my older son succesfully w/ out antibiotics, but I still get nervous since he is younger.  I just remembered that Chiropractors can help w/ ear infections too...

Quoting atlmom2:

Only antibiotics worked for my girls.  An infection is an infection.  You might mask the problems but they dont' go away.  At least I don't think so.  If its just fluid, but no infection that is different. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM

My dd's had tons of infections and one had tubes 2 times and the other once.  We went through a lot.  They grew out of it, especially the 19 year old had her tonsils out at 3 years old.  Best thing we ever did. She has hardly been sick since. 

saphira83
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Chiropractors can help if it is a draining problem.

andreab562
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I would like to avoid tubes and any other procedures if possible since they are many risks involved.  I prefer going the natural route, but also don't want the infection to get worse (and it shouldn't but I still get nervous).

Quoting atlmom2:

My dd's had tons of infections and one had tubes 2 times and the other once.  We went through a lot.  They grew out of it, especially the 19 year old had her tonsils out at 3 years old.  Best thing we ever did. She has hardly been sick since. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM

After 6 months of ear infections and my child not talking much tubes were a must and very very low risk involved.  Tonsils, after having strep 4 times in 6 months tonsils out were a must.  Strep can cause heart issues.  I don't agree doing it without repeated issues.  Working at an ENT office opened my eyes and I was glad I knew all about the surgeries etc. 

Quoting andreab562:

I would like to avoid tubes and any other procedures if possible since they are many risks involved.  I prefer going the natural route, but also don't want the infection to get worse (and it shouldn't but I still get nervous).

Quoting atlmom2:

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

cowgirls10181
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

I use half vinegar and alcohol.

I forgot to add one drop each ear, using a cleaned out tylonal bottle with dropper.. Holds the mix great and travels.

MomMom23
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:03 PM

My son had tubes in his ears and adenoids removed at a year old.  The surgery was quick and there are very few risks.  I also had chronic ear infections as a child and now I have hearing loss, I don't want my son to go through that.

LyTe684
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM

BUMP!

andreab562
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I agree that sometimes it is necessary as in your case it sounds like it was.  I've also been trying to give him lots of vitamins to boost his immune system, but he's being so picky right now (& it's understandable since he doesn't feel good).

Quoting atlmom2:

After 6 months of ear infections and my child not talking much tubes were a must and very very low risk involved.  Tonsils, after having strep 4 times in 6 months tonsils out were a must.  Strep can cause heart issues.  I don't agree doing it without repeated issues.  Working at an ENT office opened my eyes and I was glad I knew all about the surgeries etc. 

Quoting andreab562:

Quoting atlmom2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)