Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good times in North Pole, Alaska *piog

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

Its 21 degrees outside and finally warm enough to get Jonah dressed up so we can go play in the snow. We were out there for about 20 minutes and I unburied the sled (it rained badly in November so it was encased in ice) then decided to grab Cricket's gear and bring her out. I get her settled down and in her harness, rig up a line (I lost her tow line a few years ago and don't have the money to replace it), hook her to the sled, and get Jo settled on the sled.

She's hopping around like someone injected her with meth or some other hard-core stimulant and Jo's yelling, "GO CICKET! GO!!" I start running a head calling out commands (Hike, lets go, c'mon girl, falling behind, hike hike HIKE!!), and she hits "warp speed". We get to the end of the road and I turn back, to check on Jonah and he's sitting on the sled freaking out, "TOO FAST MOMMA! TOO FAST!!"

*face palm*

There go my hopes for eventually getting a few more sled dogs and an actual sled...lol

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steveiguana
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM

sounds like fun

JojosMom18613
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Its a blast! If you even find yourself in Fairbanks, Alaska there are sled-dog tour guide companies which are mostly run by mushers who run the annual races (Yukon Quest and the Iditarod). I know a few and have worked with one, it really is a blast :)

Quoting steveiguana:

sounds like fun

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I want to move to Alaska so bad.  Trying to talk SO into it.

Elyce225
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Haha how cute. I love the name Jonah, what's his middle name?

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:11 PM

And that's funny, what happened!

IrishDuckie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Lol... that had to be scary and cute!

Elijahsmommy508
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:12 PM

LOL!!!  Too cute!

JojosMom18613
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Thanks, Elyce :)

Jonah Eric...my Wee Smeegs :)

Quoting Elyce225:

Haha how cute. I love the name Jonah, what's his middle name?

JojosMom18613
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:13 PM

There is soo much to do here, in the summer and winter time. I could write pages of stuff to do. And the job market is fairly good, especially construction and mining jobs. Right now there are 2 gold mines that I know of that are always hiring, not to mention the oil refinery that is right down the road from where my parents and I live.

Quoting AnitaVersion2.0:

I want to move to Alaska so bad.  Trying to talk SO into it.

3totsinabox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:15 PM
I MISS ALASKA...TEARS. It doesn't help much with all these shows on based out of there too. It so beautiful and 360 mountain views *sigh*. Thanks for sharing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)