Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you be friends with...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM
  • 49 Replies

a smoker if you are a non smoker

someone of a different religion?

someone of a different political party?

a formula feeder if you bf

a woman who breastfeeds if you ff?

someone who is pro choice if you are pro-life?

someone who is homosexual if you are straight?

Well you get the picture, does it matter at all?  Do you have to have EVERYTHING In common to be a friend with someone?  Or are certain life choices a deal breaker when it comes to friendship? 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kenre
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:03 PM
I have a lot of friends that are very opposite of me. It leads to great conversations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IrishDuckie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Gotta agree. As long as people can be civil with the things they believe in then you can get along with anyone.

Quoting Kenre:

I have a lot of friends that are very opposite of me. It leads to great conversations.

mommy_carrillo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM
I only have one friend who is like me. Everyone else is almost the complete opposite. So no it really doesn't matter. EXCEPT people who like drama I can't and won't do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theycallmemom4
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM

The only people I couldn't be friends with are those who hurt or do anything to a child or a murderer. Well the last one, that would depend on the situation.

MultiPara
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Nope that doesnt matter to me, we could still be friends. I would just avoid that subject.

TheHappiestGirl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Generally if I don't respect you I can't be your friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdnmom24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:10 PM

As long as they don't push their choices on me, I will be friends will almost anyone.

shoot4thestars
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:11 PM

i'm friends with people who have very different views on just about every subject.  i like people who are my friends, because they are my friends and i respect their individuality and opinions.  just because someone thinks differently doesn't mean we can't be friends.  and i wouldn't want somebody to agree with my opinion if they have a tottally different opinion one whichever subject.  i may not agree with what they stand for, but i will support their freewill to stand up for what they believe in. 

ConnectHearts
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Yes, have some and they are still great in their way as everyone can be. No, by having differences you can learn from one another and having similarities you can share together. I will attempt friendship with anyone who wants too but will not put up with dramatrauma, abusiveness, disrespect, using, or all that stuff. Friends should be friends and I know we all have our bad days :)

iluv2meow
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Quoting unique_puzzle:

a smoker if you are a non smoker yup already have friends like this

someone of a different religion? Yup friends with a mormon, atheist, wiccan, pagan....

someone of a different political party? Hubby is republican I am whatever I feel like

a formula feeder if you bf  yup I did both

a woman who breastfeeds if you ff? yup I did both

someone who is pro choice if you are pro-life? Yup I have friends that are pro life and pro choice and pro this and pro that

someone who is homosexual if you are straight? I had several bet friends that were gay and lesbians

Well you get the picture, does it matter at all?  Do you have to have EVERYTHING In common to be a friend with someone?  Or are certain life choices a deal breaker when it comes to friendship? 

no I have a good mix, but most wouldnt have guessed LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)