Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I say..."Leave the past in the past"

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM
  • 21 Replies
I got an email today from an ex-friend and I deleted it. My life is great and I don't want any negativity from this girl. Although we had a small fight it was the final straw. Is there anyone in your past that you just do not want to be friendly with anymore?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IrishDuckie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Not be friendly? No, I will always be civil, but it doesn't mean I will talk to them through msgs if I don't have to.

LovingMommyh00d
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Actually i just had the opposite experience in a way. I found a letter from one of my best friends from high school and although we still talk its not the same. So that old letter made me realize that i missed her and i wrote her a letter and asked to get together. We had such a nice talk yesterday and i was so happy to get everything out in the open. I know your happy and i dont know your past but maybe you should have read it. Id be too curious to not at least read it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2meow
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM

oh sure I do

TheHappiestGirl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM
I think the need to not want any drama was more than my urge to read the email...lol

Quoting LovingMommyh00d:

Actually i just had the opposite experience in a way. I found a letter from one of my best friends from high school and although we still talk its not the same. So that old letter made me realize that i missed her and i wrote her a letter and asked to get together. We had such a nice talk yesterday and i was so happy to get everything out in the open. I know your happy and i dont know your past but maybe you should have read it. Id be too curious to not at least read it lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bama_mama07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM

there is more than one.....unfortunately I work with a few.....

LovingMommyh00d
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:48 PM
Yea i definitly understand the no drama policy! but i probably would have read it and then erased it! youre better than me! lol

Quoting TheHappiestGirl:

I think the need to not want any drama was more than my urge to read the email...lol

Quoting LovingMommyh00d:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandyh
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:51 PM

maybe it was an apology...people change...maybe they god sober/got off drugs/ got medicated/ got treatment of some sort and needed closure with those they've hurt..you should have read it

TheHappiestGirl
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Drugs were never the issue. We grew apart and our differences became too much. I forgave her long time ago but I've learned I can't let her back in my life.

Quoting Brandyh:

maybe it was an apology...people change...maybe they god sober/got off drugs/ got medicated/ got treatment of some sort and needed closure with those they've hurt..you should have read it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:45 AM

some friendships are just not long lasting for various reasons others I would fight tooth and nail for. Heck there is family I would love to put in the past category but oh well.

Sweetfairy28
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:50 AM

Off the subject but How are you not a Cafemom member but can post? Just curious because I went to look at your profile and it says your not a member.

Yes I have tons of people I don't want to talk to. Some I wouldn't read an email from and others I might take a chance on. It just depends on who it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)