Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maternity Bridesmaid advice needed

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:20 AM
  • 10 Replies

OK, so my brother is getting married in September.  We are TTC, and I'm a bridesmaid.  She called up yesterday and says we need to order the dress ASAP to take advantage of some deal.

I could be pregnant now, won't know for another week or so.  That would put me at 7-8 months preggo at the wedding, which I'm thinking would require an actual maternity gown.

If I'm not pregnant, I'm thinking that anything under 6 months pregnant I can probably order the regular dress in a bigger size with some extra fabric and get it altered. I don't know.

Anyone else been a pregnant bridesmaid, and have any advice on how to handle this?  I don't want to be the one bridesmaid that causes trouble, so I'm hoping to have a few ideas before I give future-sister-in-law a call.  Help me out, ladies!

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tericared
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:26 AM

No clue, but wanted to bump for you............

FrenchGrey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Can you get an empire waist dress so that either way you are covered?

tericared
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Quoting FrenchGrey:

Oh that is an excellent idea.....

MaizyMarie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:03 PM

my problem is the bride has already chosen the dress.  It has a big sash with rusching (sp?), I'm really hoping the sash is removable or it will be really hard to alter.  Grr.

jclovinlife
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:08 PM
that's a tough one, good luck. I was a maid of honor for a wedding that was scheduled 5 days after my due date. Fortunately, the bride didn't mind if I got a dress different than the others as long as it was close to the same color. My baby came a few days early and I bought the dress a few days before the wedding. I got a regular dress in a bigger size. Turns out I bought the same dress as the rest of the brides maids from davids bridal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting FrenchGrey:

I agree.

FrenchGrey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Maybe if you explain your situation she can let you wear something different in the same color?  Or perhaps let her know that you wont be able to wear the dress if you are pregnant right now....and maybe she should consider getting someone else to stand in your spot?

MaizyMarie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Yeah.  I think I'm going to e-mail her the link with the maternity dress from the same designer- it looks different than the one she picked out, but at least it would be the exact same color.  And keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't hate me for it...

IrishDuckie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Same.

Quoting Elyce225:

Quoting tericared:

Quoting FrenchGrey:

I agree.

FrenchGrey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I hope for your sake she isn't a bridezilla 

Quoting MaizyMarie:

Yeah.  I think I'm going to e-mail her the link with the maternity dress from the same designer- it looks different than the one she picked out, but at least it would be the exact same color.  And keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't hate me for it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)