Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Signs labor is coming

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM
  • 20 Replies

Are there signs labor is coming soon?  I haven't lost the plug or anything, but yesterday and today, I have had stomach pain.  Not cramp like, not regular, maybe only a few times throughout the day.  Woke up with it both days, didn't feel again until last night, and feeling it now.  My back is hurting now, and I know she isn't in the right position.  I think she is head down, but sideways, cause she keeps sticking her feet out of my side.  I'm tired, nothing really odd other than I'm hurting, but it isn't really bad.  It is more uncomfortable than painful.  I just don't know what to look for.  I don't want to call the doctor and feel stupid, because nothing is going on.

pregnancy week by week

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steveiguana
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:03 PM

you will know. It differs but back pain is a common one

kitty8199
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM

That is what everyone says.  I will just know.  Guess it is like the "you'll know", when pregnant, thing.  Don't understand until you experience it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I never really had any huge signs.  I was induced 2 weeks late and never had any signs of anything.  2nd time my water broke 2 days late and I never had any signs before that happened at all. 

Elyce225
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM

It doesn't sound like labor. It sounds like BH. Once the contractions are steady and exactly minutes apart that is labor.

StefInIdaho
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I only went into labor with my first and it started that morning with massive integestion and then back and leg aches around 2pm... by 7 o'clock my tummy hurt and I thought it was diarreah but could not go and at 1am the "tummy pains" were 5-6 minutes apart and getting worse in pain and I went to L and D because I was a schedule C-Section... I had Liam that morning.

MandyP27
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Your contractions will come very strong and closer together as time goes on. When it gets to where you have to stop what you are doing when you are havnig a contraction, you can be confident you are in labor. But if you are too early and worried about it, go see your doc asap!

MrsM121
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM

According to your siggy you still got a month to go so odds are it's braxton hicks and your baby is just getting warmed up for the big entrance. 

With all but my first my labor started slow and gradually got more intense to the point I couldn't function much anymore.  Couldn't walk, couldn't think straight and I got really frustrated.  During the beginning I had to keep moving, major nesting overload cause I would have chopped wood if someone would have let me.

IrishDuckie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:51 PM

She's stated before that her doctor figures she will go early. I gotta agree with Elyce, sounds like BH. If you're worried just time your contractions or call your doctor. If they don't get stronger and closer together they're BH.

Quoting MrsM121:

According to your siggy you still got a month to go so odds are it's braxton hicks and your baby is just getting warmed up for the big entrance. 

With all but my first my labor started slow and gradually got more intense to the point I couldn't function much anymore.  Couldn't walk, couldn't think straight and I got really frustrated.  During the beginning I had to keep moving, major nesting overload cause I would have chopped wood if someone would have let me.

Jerods_Wifey18
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM
yep, I was peeing a lot more, got the shits, back pain, stomach cramps, less movement, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerods_Wifey18
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:06 PM
I lost some of my mucus plug too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)