Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just another sissy moment

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I'm sitting here watching 2012. You know, the movie about the end of the world or whatever, anyway I'm bawling. Oh no, not because people are dying or all these natural disasters keep happening, I'm crying my eyes out because they keep showing all these scared little kids. So then of course it makes me think what I would do with my daughter in the even of some horrible disaster and I start to cry.

Anyway, this is just another piece of evidence that children ruin our lives. done.

(ok I'm totally kidding, not ruin our lives but seriously my kid turned me into a sissy. I would never cry at this stuff before and now I just bawl my eyes out all the time.)

Oh and in case you are thinking it, there is no point to this post. 
Has anyone seen the movie? Is it worth me watching the rest of it? I mean it's either this or Pandorum which has delicious Ben Foster and I'm certain no terrified children.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SunnyJoJo
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:10 AM

And still, I sat through the entire thing and am left with red eyes and a sad heart. Thanks movie. Thanks. I hate you.

ninipanini
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:32 AM

I haven't seen it yet, but was planning on it, it's on reserve at the library.  I totally know what you mean. I often can't stand to watch movies like that, so I'm grateful for the heads-up.

I've been known to have dh turn something off because it disturbed me--Black Diamond and Mystic River were 2 that I can think of right off the bat, Schindlers List was excruciating.

dana63
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:44 AM
I haven't seen it but it is on my list to see it. Great another movie to hate and now I have to buy a box of tissue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Aww. It is actually a really good movie. Obviously some scenes are really pushing the envelope, but I thought it was good.

I know what you mean though about the children.

SunnyJoJo
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:40 AM

No joke, for every awful disaster about to kill everyone in it's path, they show a close up of a small child about to die.I'm totally not kidding. Ok except for one and it's a really cool one. But for every one after that yeah. Close up of a small child in the path of destruction. There are a few that made it really hard for me to watch.

Quoting ninipanini:

I haven't seen it yet, but was planning on it, it's on reserve at the library.  I totally know what you mean. I often can't stand to watch movies like that, so I'm grateful for the heads-up.

I've been known to have dh turn something off because it disturbed me--Black Diamond and Mystic River were 2 that I can think of right off the bat, Schindlers List was excruciating.

SunnyJoJo
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:42 AM

It was a good movie. But I'm a sissy, and the close up of a small kid for every disaster really made me sad. Loved the explosion scene, you know where they are driving the rv to the airplane and it's all giant explosion. so cool!

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Aww. It is actually a really good movie. Obviously some scenes are really pushing the envelope, but I thought it was good.

I know what you mean though about the children.

LyTe684
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Thanks. Now I know not to watch it. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tericared
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Quoting LyTe684:

Thanks. Now I know not to watch it. Lol

Me too scratching it off of my movie list....

mamabear10984
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:43 PM

My hubby and I have watched this movie a million times and I've found myself crying more than once. Children have that effect on you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)