Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just do not understand ?? PLZ NO DRAMA .

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:07 AM
  • 61 Replies

I either had a very easy child   or I did something good ?

I never forced food on my child.

He ate what he wanted on his plate.(never push him)

I asked a mother of 4 children about potty training.

She said "Leave him alone....He would do it his-self at 3 years old.

She was correct.

My child drank V-8 Juice at 3 and told the Doctor "His Mommy made the best pears in the world".......LOL (canned)

My point ........

Do not STRESS !!! Kids will do things when they are ready.

If you push .........You set them back, and may make them Resisted. 

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:25 AM

BUMP!

mommyjenn84
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:29 AM
Yup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:37 AM

Yes DD is coming along nicely albeit a few things more slowly than i like but we are going with her maturity level not by what has to be done when.

mommasbabies77
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:45 AM
never had a problem either until I had my special needs son whohas bad sensory issueswth food and is 7 and not potty trained.

But for the most part I agree with you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2_3blessings
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree to a point  however some things are important enough to push them a little and make them try.....For instance a child who won't eat anything..........

SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:53 AM

thank you

Children will do things when they are ready.

Do not force food on them.

Put on plate if not eaten, so be it.....

SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:01 AM

Quoting mom2_3blessings:

I agree to a point  however some things are important enough to push them a little and make them try.....For instance a child who won't eat anything..........

My son went through a phase he would only eat

Gram-Crackers& cheese.......Lady at WIC OFFICE...said

Any child who had a choice.......would not starve, give a child a vitamin and say nothing.

If you make a big deal over food then it becomes a BIG DEAL .

SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:33 AM

OMG ????

He was eating sushi and stuff, I would not touch, by 14 oooooohhhhhhhhh.....GROSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ff-princess
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:52 AM

I'll disagree on the "if not eaten, so be it".  they don't have to finish everything on their plate, but they do have to take at least 3 bites of everything to taste it.  most of the time they end up liking it, if they don't then at least I know they either actually don't like it, or just don't have a feel for it that day.  we try again the next time it's served.  my kids will eat almost anything now, and the younger two would rather have vegetables than almost anything else.  I don't know too many in the under-4 set who will ask for brussels sprouts or broccoli.

yourpassion
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:09 AM

i don't push food onto my kids or push the potty training.

i pushed the potty training and it backfired.  we are just now getting back onto the potty (doing nothing, but at least getting on there). 

the food, i let them eat what they want off their plate.  i'll give them two choices for a meal and they can pick.  i want them to know they can stop eating when they are full so they do not over stuff themselves.  if they get hungry later, then they can have a snack.  the food thing doesn't bother me.

i can say, my friend's son uses food for a power struggle.  so, i really think it is different with every child and family.  mom's know their kids the best (dad's too sometimes) and they know what their kids need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)