Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter Baskets

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:16 AM
  • 18 Replies

What do you put in your kids Easter Baskets?

What do you fill their eggs with?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Mainly toys, stickers, etc. He really won't eat all that candy.. so I'll put a few pieces in.. but he's mainly into the other things. lol

danie24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM

We don't fill their baskets. They fill them during their easter egg hunt.

On easter morning they wake up to find a big, empty basket for each of them on the kitchen table.. usually filled with straw or colorful grass. They grab it and start hunting.

We hide things all over the house and outside in the yard if easter happens to fall on a warm day. We hide chocolate eggs, easter toys, small wrapped presents, stickers, chocolate bunnies, etc.

The week before easter we make easter eggs.. paint and decorate hard boiled eggs and hide them outside in the yard for the easter bunny to collect to feed the hungry animals in the woods. We also do lots of crafts, too.

treversmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Ussal a new hat (he loves his hats lol) or outfit, a few summery toys like bubbles and sidewalk charlk or other dollar store toys and a few piece of candy.

but this year i have a new little on so not sure what we gonna but in hers.

MandyP27
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM

What a cute idea! I love that!

Quoting danie24:

On easter morning they wake up to find a big, empty basket for each of them on the kitchen table.. usually filled with straw or colorful grass. They grab it and start hunting.

We hide things all over the house and outside in the yard if easter happens to fall on a warm day. We hide chocolate eggs, easter toys, small wrapped presents, stickers, chocolate bunnies, etc.

The week before easter we make easter eggs.. paint and decorate hard boiled eggs and hide them outside in the yard for the easter bunny to collect to feed the hungry animals in the woods. We also do lots of crafts, too.

kamsue
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM

I am putting some candy... one daugther is getting a  a soccerball....and they other one wont fake nails......am am going to put seed in the too, so they can grow a little garden..my SO got them a batery charger for the wii controlls

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Outdoor toys, bows for their hair, coloring books, 2 outfits each, a new pair of sandals each, and one big toy for outdoors. They hunt Easter Eggs so those will go in their baskets outside :)

MandyP27
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:50 AM

So far, I am getting my kids each a piggy bank, a nice outfit for summer like khaki shorts and a polo shirt for the boys and a spring dress for dd. Socks and undies, a toothbrush, a book, and a toy. I will do a little candy in the eggs but I will probably get mostly little toys and some change for their piggy banks.

IrishDuckie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:17 PM

That is a really cute idea!

Quoting MandyP27:

What a cute idea! I love that!

Quoting danie24:

steveiguana
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM

the usual the big kids get gift cards as long as they are still in school college included we give them at least small tokens for each holiday the little ones get items geared for them

mb1hotmama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:35 PM
That sounds perfect! I might copy you LOL. We do some plastic eggs with mostly candy in them, but a few (the "golden" eggs have a dollar bill inside). Their baskets that they get when they wake up Easter morning usually have a stuffed animal, a book and candy.

Quoting lapcounter:

Outdoor toys, bows for their hair, coloring books, 2 outfits each, a new pair of sandals each, and one big toy for outdoors. They hunt Easter Eggs so those will go in their baskets outside :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)