Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you spend on your kids birthdays?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM
  • 37 Replies

For their parties? Do you budget in a certain amount for birthdays? Do you usually do their parties at home or at a different location like chuckee cheese ect?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amazingaudri
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:30 PM

No party this year. We're spending the money on a guinea pig and a nice cage.

Our parties have been at home for the past 2 years. We might have her grandparents and aunts/uncles come over for cake this year, but thats it! 

lindsay99
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM

my house is too small to have all the family and friends over. this year i let the boys pick the location and they picked chuckecheese. I spent 140 for chucky and 100 each on presents (they're twins) this was only their 3rd bday so it was a small thing. their 5th bday will be a big one

danie24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM

We usually spend 300-400 on their party. But that includes presents.

So far we've had them in our kitchen/living room, my parent's back yard, my MIL's back yard and our back yard.

We don't budget for anything.. we just pick a theme with the kids and start buying and making. Most of the decorations, games, prizes and treat bags are made by me and we buy and make the food.

Punkie74
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Too much!! lol My daughter's last party was about $400. We always do it at a venue because we have way too many kids to invite to have it at the house and with a January birthday there's no doing an outdoor party!! This reminds me... I have to get cracking on my son's b-day!

Oh and I should add... Yes I budget for it... I budget for EVERYTHING in life I can!! lol

SunnyJoJo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:49 PM

I honestly can say that I have no idea. Not to say I spend an obscene amount, but I pick a theme and buy stuff for it over the course of a few months. I just don't really keep track of the total amount. We have had them at my parents house but I'm going to look at other locations for this years party. 
6 toddlers acting a fool in my mom and dad's house just doesn't seem very awesome to me this year. lol! 

RoguesMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:23 PM

ones at home are about 300 for everything. We started taking my oldest to places with one friend. We did the Childrens Museum and ITZ for about 150 for everything- including gas, food, rides, and games for 4 people

snmh11510
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:27 PM

we spent about 100 dollars on my daughter first birthday. and we had it at home.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Depends on what Birthday.  Sweet 16, $500+.  Many B'days they get a cake and get to take a friend out to eat with us.  We don't do huge parties for most B'days. 

MandyP27
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one! haha! I try not to spend a ton and we ususally do parties at home or the splash pad (which is free) but I let them pick a theme and I make a big pretty cake and when it's all said and done, I have spent a few hundred bucks! Sounds like that's pretty normal though.

We had a big party when my oldest turned 5 last year so this year I was thinking about letting him pick a friend or two and go somewhere of his choice like bowling, lazer tag, or swimming and dinner. But I really think that is going to cost just as much if not more!

Rena1999
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM

We always take my son on a road trip for the day, then we have a small party (he will be 4 this year) so all in all probably around $400

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)