Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

KENTUCKY: State GOP Rep Wants To Legalize Bullying By Christian Students

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

KENTUCKY: State GOP Rep Wants To Legalize Bullying By Christian Students

Tea Party-backed Kentucky state GOP Rep. Mike Harmon wants to make it legal for Christian students to bully gay kids about their sexuality. And he's filed an amendment to a pending anti-bullying bill that says so.

Harmon has filed an amendment that would allow students to condemn other students' sexual preferences as long as that expression of a religious belief does not include physical harm or damaging property. "If someone, just in conversation, said, 'You know, I think homosexuality is a sin,' well we don't want that child to be bullied because they have a certain moral or religious belief," said Harmon, "And we don't want them, certainly don't want them to be labeled a bully just because they have that particular belief."

The Democrat who sponsored the bill responds: "I would ask Mike Harmon, 'What would Jesus do?' Would He bully people based on religion? I don't think so."

Christian Love at its Best (NOT)

My next Question is are the kids killing themselves over Bullying like this and/or from their own Parents make them pussies? less of a person?? Like it or not its not the coddling that's causing these kids to kill themselves its Christians who are not actually asking themselves WWJD cause i am damn sure Christ as a Person ( i am not christian and i don't believe he was everything the bible says he is but i do believe he was a person and apart of our history) wouldn't want people doing this in his name.

Homosexuality is NOT a choice, but Homophobia is

I saw a great bumper sticker today
TEA PARTIES - are for little girls with imaginary friends.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity --Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rainbow Man - Hawaiian God who is the lover of love, eliminator of boundaries
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IrishDuckie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Just wow.... Just because there isn't physical bullying there is psychological!

silvercrow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I know Irish this is total bull shit it really is

tericared
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:14 PM

OMG WTF SOB  M.Fer

Un freaking believable

LyTe684
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Just shoot him now please and thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TNmom2three
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I am a Christian and whether homosexuality is right or wrong that is just screwed up. It will never pass. There isn't enought idiots out there to pass that.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 PM

wow! i wonder...are gays alowed to bully back then?

silvercrow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM

well apparently to some its freedom of speech

Elyce225
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:41 PM

OMG, WTF! Seriously that guy is a tool.  I think someone needs to bully him or his kids and see how he likes it.  What kind of sociopath thinks this kind of behavior is allowed. Ugh I would love to sick some gay guys on him.

Silver I'm sure you know some buff gay guys. Tell them it's ok to bully this little turd, make sure they take pictures please.

Seriously though, how dare he call himself a Christian. It's insulting to me because I am a Christian and if any of my children or anyone I knew actually believed what this man is saying I would have to question their faith. The article is right, Jesus would never allow this. Stupid fucking people. If Jesus were here he would do a *faceplam*.

silvercrow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I have been trying really hard to make sure i didn't lump all Christians with this guy i posted this on another board and the FCC posted this "Harmon has filed an amendment that would allow students to condemn other students' sexual preferences as long as that expression of a religious belief does not include physical harm or damaging property. "If someone, just in conversation, said, 'You know, I think homosexuality is a sin,' well we don't want that child to be bullied because they have a certain moral or religious belief," said Harmon, "And we don't want them, certainly don't want them to be labeled a bully just because they have that particular belief."

Tell me how this is even any better.. these kids will Bully the hell out of the Gay and Lesbian youth this isnt about freedom of speech or religion its about giving them license to be mean

mb1hotmama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:08 PM
That is SUCH bullshit!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)