Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok this might be a dumb q but I need a answer...about a pap

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:07 AM
  • 8 Replies

So I have a pap smear tomorrow an I am kinda still on my period...You know like that last couple of days where it's kinda light....Can I still get one done even though I am on it?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
IrishDuckie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Nope, they won't do it.

nicole555marie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Thank you sooo much..I did not think so...I have never been on it for any of my appt an I just never knew

frndlyfn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:10 AM

Usually they prefer you to come in a week after it stops but they still may do it anyhow depending if it is an emergency appt.  I had heavy bleeding due to an infection one time and they had to do a pap as one of the tests.

IrishDuckie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:12 AM

You're right with that, but if it isn't an emergency then they won't. Pretty sure it's something about distinguishing the blood from that from if there are any actual problems.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Usually they prefer you to come in a week after it stops but they still may do it anyhow depending if it is an emergency appt.  I had heavy bleeding due to an infection one time and they had to do a pap as one of the tests.

nicole555marie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:13 AM

It's not an emergency....I am just having a check up after my baby...I will just re-sch for a later date thanks though

IrishDuckie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:19 AM

Yup yup! Hope all goes well :-)

frndlyfn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:23 AM

Yup  just re-schedule for next week for the post delivery check up.

slipperfeet
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:09 AM

that isn't a dumb question. my doctor wouldn't do it when i was having my period. i guess just call and ask?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)