Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Most challenging thing you've dealt with as a parent

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:12 AM
  • 35 Replies

I know there are still more to come but for now, what is the most challenging moment you've had or experiened as a parent and how did you deal with it?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:14 AM

having to come to terms with the fact my son is mentaly disabled and trying not to play favortism.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:17 AM

Dealing with the death of my 19yo son.  Trying to pick myself up and continue to make memories with the rest of my children, knowing one is gone.

Christy78
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:22 AM

Helping my 9 yr old some come to terms with the death of his daddy. My son was 2 and did really understand death. BUt now he is asking alot of questions and tells me Mom daddy is not really dead he is just in Iraq for a really long time .

slipperfeet
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Quoting Christy78:

Helping my 9 yr old some come to terms with the death of his daddy. My son was 2 and did really understand death. BUt now he is asking alot of questions and tells me Mom daddy is not really dead he is just in Iraq for a really long time .

:( *hugs*

IrishDuckie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Since my oldest is only 3 I don't have much but... I guess it would be more so that I realized my mom and I will never see eye to eye on how to raise my children and to just take everything she says about it with a grain of salt.

MIA0223
by Michelle on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Nothing yet, thank God! We still say we hit the baby lottery and she is 3. With the step kids, helping DH deal with his guilt about not being in their day to day life physically. Dealing with and trying to understand youngest ss's illness with a language barrier on my part. I still have no clue what almost killed him and is still in danger of killing him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:32 AM
My sons disability
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:34 AM

The single most challenging moment was decided to deliver him.  We had to decide whether to deliver him 6 weeks prematurely or leave him, having unexplained heart decels, as low as 60bpms, and hope an emergency situation didn't arise.
We did decide to deliver him early, but it was so very hard.  It was definitely the right decision though. 

NevadaSky
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Spending 8 years in and out of the hospital with our youngest DS.  He was diagnosed with Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease when he was 12.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Sometimes its been since they were teens but all in all, they are both great girls. Nothing really major!!!  

I really have to say when my dd was in the hospital when we lived in Italy.  That was very hard. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)