Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH do you even take them! Vent about BIO mom

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:57 AM
  • 30 Replies

I am sick of seeing the kids come home FILTHY. DSS2 came home with a diaper rash so bad that he was crying when DH was just tring to LOOK at it. I ended up soaking him for 30 min in a oatmeal bath and SLATHERING him with A&D ointment. I could understand a MILD diaper rash it happens but the poor kid was shaking he was in so much pain! All three were FILTHY I am DISCUSTED with the way she treats them but we can't do anything because we "Have to send them for their visitation" I am geting sick of this crap! I want my babies to be SAFE where they go!  

Come and Join us at THE CAFE

I am a MOD

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:01 AM
IrishDuckie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:03 AM

That is so damn sad! I dunno how a person can do that to their kids! My moms ex had to send his youngest home with her mom for a few days at a time and the pack of diapers she was sent with wouldn't even be opened :-(

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:05 AM

that is BS! I realy don't understand how people can be like that! I think my SD is realy starting to see what her mom is like. She tells us things like Mommy don't love us and mommy buys her and paige lots of things she don't do anything with us or get us anything. (Paige is my kiddos half sister) Or mommy don't spend time with us EXT EXT she is 7 damn years old she shouldn't be feeling like this!

Quoting IrishDuckie:

That is so damn sad! I dunno how a person can do that to their kids! My moms ex had to send his youngest home with her mom for a few days at a time and the pack of diapers she was sent with wouldn't even be opened :-(

I am a MOD

missmidlomom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:05 AM

No, I wouldnt. But Id be very very careful.I would take a lot of pictures if you still can, run to the ped (if you cant get in, I hate to say it go to the er (the kids shaking and in pain, thats abuse) and call (hate to say it) cps, and the police station. Now the police will advise you that you have to take them. But they LEGALLY have to make record. The bigger the paper trail, the better. The hospital will also report it.You need evidence.

yayay15
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I guess I don't understand...my kids have had diaper rashes and been dirty before.  Diaper rashes can take a few days to go away too, depending on how bad they were.  Why do people always have to blame other people when it comes to stuff like this? 
I understand that it's sad...and maybe she should have cleaned them up before they came back but maybe they were having fun?? 

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM

we have been but still nothing has been done through anyone. Even the courts say that we still have to send them. Theres no proof it's her doing it! God forbid she ever tries to get custody all to offten courts swing on the side of the mom (not in all cases but in many)

Quoting missmidlomom:

No, I wouldnt. But Id be very very careful.I would take a lot of pictures if you still can, run to the ped (if you cant get in, I hate to say it go to the er (the kids shaking and in pain, thats abuse) and call (hate to say it) cps, and the police station. Now the police will advise you that you have to take them. But they LEGALLY have to make record. The bigger the paper trail, the better. The hospital will also report it.You need evidence.

I am a MOD

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:09 AM

They hadn't taken a bath from Friday to sunday they didn't brush their teeth (acording to them) DSS's Diaper was sagging to his knees and as i said i could understand a MILD diaper rash it happens but not to the point of agony

Quoting yayay15:

I guess I don't understand...my kids have had diaper rashes and been dirty before.  Diaper rashes can take a few days to go away too, depending on how bad they were.  Why do people always have to blame other people when it comes to stuff like this? 
I understand that it's sad...and maybe she should have cleaned them up before they came back but maybe they were having fun?? 

I am a MOD

IrishDuckie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Yup! Hopefully something can get done because your SD shouldn't be feeling like that at all!

Quoting missmidlomom:

ForeverMommy08
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:15 AM

This is sad.

Elyce225
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:15 AM

OMG I would be disgusted too, those poor babies. Like you said babies get minor diaper rashes all of the time but for him to be shaking in pain, that is so sad.

Does your DH say anything to her about it? Do they go every weekend? I agree with the other mom, take pictures and take them to their ped so it's on record. I don't know how parents can not keep their kids clean especially in diapers. I know all kids get dirty but that is what the tub is for, hello. I would be on her case everyday, I don't care if they are not biologically my children, you are the one who is their primary caregiver and you have all the right to bitch to anyone who hurts your children. I would rip her a new one and if she threatens to take you to court tell her to please do that you will make sure to bring the pictures, the police reports and the Ped will be there. Maybe that will scare her into keeping them clean (gawd it's so sad that it would even have to come to that).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)