Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating while pregnant?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM
  • 19 Replies

Why is this looked down upon? I'm currently pregnant, my boyfriend/fiance of 3 years, up and left when we found out I was pregnant. Life goes on. I met someone, who I'm now, ONLY friends with, but there is potential to be more. Not rushing it, just taking it as it goes. But, I'm told that I am wrong for dating someone else while I'm pregnant. I'm not sleeping with him, we havent even spent, ALONE time. We go out to dinner and the movies, and thats it. I'm entitled to have friends, right?

ugh.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM

To each their own, is what I say. Good luck and congrats!

hailnbray
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM

i think its more so if it turns sexual for lots or reasons, first if u dont really know they guy u can risk ur baby getting whatever that guy has, its jumping from one relationship to another, its risking bring a baby into a relationship with a guy u dont know very long however if u feel the connection n he doesnt care if ur pregnant i would care what others say.

IrishDuckie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I don't think it's wrong, tell people to stick their noses in their own damn business!

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM

It wouldn't be for me.  I only had kids when married.   Seems a little assbackwards and weird. 

Elyce225
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Quoting IrishDuckie:

I don't think it's wrong, tell people to stick their noses in their own damn business!

yasbobari
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM
I don't think its wrong, at the same time I would understand other people saying that if u started dating a week after or something like that.. it just depends on the situation. Good luck and congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slipperfeet
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM

i see nothing wrong with dating while pregnant :)

Mother6608
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Quoting hailnbray:

i think its more so if it turns sexual for lots or reasons, first if u dont really know they guy u can risk ur baby getting whatever that guy has, its jumping from one relationship to another, its risking bring a baby into a relationship with a guy u dont know very long however if u feel the connection n he doesnt care if ur pregnant i would care what others say.

I agree, but i've already made it clear, I'm not having sex while pregnant. And that it has to stay at a friendship level for now, until I'm ready, and he accepted that. So I'm fine. IDK I just hate when people judge, and not know. I'm young but I'm not dumb and probably more mature than the average 23 year old anyone knows

kstep
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I had a friend in hs who got prego, omg she attracted so many guys when she was prego!! Do what you want its your life!!

Jacqalyn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I've have no problem with it you are single it's not like you are still with the babies father.

My mom was pregnant with my sister and single when her and my dad started dating of course they were married 5 months later and daddy took my sister in as his own child.

Now of course it would be wrong if you were going out and haveing sex with different men while pregnant esp. if not protected....IMO

I say if this man makes you happy, Go for it mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)