Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't invite yourself!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:03 PM
  • 38 Replies

So... Now I feel what kitty was talking about in her post a while back. My BFF called me yesterday to inform me that she's going to be there when I give birth.

Umm.. no you won't. For one, only my DH will be there. Next, I didn't invite you. Next, I want my son to be the first (after DH and I) person to see the baby. I want time to snap out of it because I will be all kids of loopy after the C-Section.

So she goes.. 'Are you serious? I can't be there?'--Oh I forgot you act all crazy when you give birth.

By crazy, she means that she called me, told me that BOTH of her kids were sick with fevers, but she was bringing them over to see DS when he was a newborn. And I told her no. Apparently I am crazy and out of line for that.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slipperfeet
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM

:O

SHE is outta line! Everyone will be there when I am in the hospital (family, bff, inlaws) but no one but DH will be in the room when I give birth - I can't even imagine what I'd say if someone just INVITED themselves to such an occasion.

wildsun
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:08 PM

My entire family basically invited themselves when I had DS. My mother was obstinent that she wanted to be there, and I too just wanted SO there with me. Turns out, she didn't answer the phone when I went into labor, and just ends up happening to catch wind of whats going on and shows up at the hospital right when I'm giving birth. Which happens to be happening during a fire drill. So I have no idea how she gets into the building, but I have nurses stopping her from bursting into the room. Just remember, whatever crap friends can put you through, family can do a million times worse!

LyTe684
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Right?

she kept asking. I finally had to just say... 'when I am up and ready for visitors, I will let everyone know!'

Quoting slipperfeet:

:O

SHE is outta line! Everyone will be there when I am in the hospital (family, bff, inlaws) but no one but DH will be in the room when I give birth - I can't even imagine what I'd say if someone just INVITED themselves to such an occasion.

LyTe684
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Yep. True. But since mine is planned and a C-Section.. I think MOST people will be at work.

Quoting wildsun:

My entire family basically invited themselves when I had DS. My mother was obstinent that she wanted to be there, and I too just wanted SO there with me. Turns out, she didn't answer the phone when I went into labor, and just ends up happening to catch wind of whats going on and shows up at the hospital right when I'm giving birth. Which happens to be happening during a fire drill. So I have no idea how she gets into the building, but I have nurses stopping her from bursting into the room. Just remember, whatever crap friends can put you through, family can do a million times worse!

vboatner
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I would not know how to deal with someone that did that. Thankfully I have never had to deal with anyone like that!

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:12 PM

oh wow, that is rude of her to say the least!

I know what you mean about the wanting to have time to snap out of it though, my DD was put in the Neonatal unit for the first 2 days of her life, i didnt really have a chance to hold her...the day that she was brought into my room for good, i wanted just that little time with her..my aunt and her friend were there and the minute DD came into the room , they went to pick her up ...i was pissed!

They told me that i was being rude, but in reality...come on...it was MY baby, that i had to go two days of sleep without having near, they should have been more understanding.

yourpassion
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:17 PM

i'm glad you told her what you are GOING to do! hahaha...people kill me. 

i don't understand why people want to see "birth"  and especially other people's.  i am not a fan of the visuals (hence why i declined a mirror when i was pushing with my son).  and i'm SOOOOO glad i had a c section with my daugther.   i think the video in health class of a birth totally grossed me out and sticks with me to this day.  although the baby's great, the extra "stuff" isn't the beautiful part (to me anyway).

LyTe684
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Exactly. I know how you feel. We just need some time.

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

oh wow, that is rude of her to say the least!

I know what you mean about the wanting to have time to snap out of it though, my DD was put in the Neonatal unit for the first 2 days of her life, i didnt really have a chance to hold her...the day that she was brought into my room for good, i wanted just that little time with her..my aunt and her friend were there and the minute DD came into the room , they went to pick her up ...i was pissed!

They told me that i was being rude, but in reality...come on...it was MY baby, that i had to go two days of sleep without having near, they should have been more understanding.

LyTe684
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I had to. But what I'm going to do is for a while.. tell the staff that I don't want visitors.. because when I had DS, she popped up to the hospital anyway.

Quoting yourpassion:

i don't understand why people want to see "birth"  and especially other people's.  i am not a fan of the visuals (hence why i declined a mirror when i was pushing with my son).  and i'm SOOOOO glad i had a c section with my daugther.   i think the video in health class of a birth totally grossed me out and sticks with me to this day.  although the baby's great, the extra "stuff" isn't the beautiful part (to me anyway).

yourpassion
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM

oh my (smh)...soooo freaking annoying!  good luck though!  the hospital staff will be good with that though.

Quoting LyTe684:

I had to. But what I'm going to do is for a while.. tell the staff that I don't want visitors.. because when I had DS, she popped up to the hospital anyway.

Quoting yourpassion:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)