Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does it mean when you crave sugar?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

My youngest is 2 years old but ever since I had him (or maybe it was since I was pregnant w/ him) I've been craving anything sweet.  I try to control myself and not eat too many desserts, but sometimes I can't help it.  Yummy... cakes, cookies, pastries, chocolate... mmmm.   Other than that I eat pretty healthy... mostly organic, natural foods.  I don't even drink soda w/ sugar or artificial crap in it.  I found a new one that has stevia in it (from stevia plant) and it tastes the same, not like I drink soda a lot anyways.  I drink lots of water actually!  But anyways back to my point here, I wonder why I seem to crave sweets so much.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM

You need protein:-)

andreab562
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I thought I ate a lot of protein... I'll have to pay more attention to that though.

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

You need protein:-)

silvercrow
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:10 PM

When i crave surgar that bad i check my blood sugar and see.. normally its low and i need to get it up.. i was diabetic with my last child and have my meter and stuff still

Connie04
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I have the same problem.  Maybe I do need more protein?  That's possible.  But, I do love my chocolate, yummy!!!

andreab562
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM

I checked it once a couple months ago when I was at my aunt's house because I told her I was concerned about it.  It was normal at the time.

Quoting silvercrow:

When i crave surgar that bad i check my blood sugar and see.. normally its low and i need to get it up.. i was diabetic with my last child and have my meter and stuff still

MandyP27
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I am EXACTLY the same way! UGH! I don't know but I'm going to watch my protein more and see if that does anything.

wildsun
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I can totally understand the pregnancy and post partum cravings, but it sounds like your body has just gotten used to recieving that amount of sugar on a regular basis. Personally, I went on a sugary breakfast cereal spree for a few months, and I got to the point that as soon as I woke up my body expected that jolt and I felt awful if I didn't get it right away. I quit the sugar cold turkey and I feel so much better. I very rarely have the urge to eat candy, etc. a few months later but I don't entirely deny the urge when it comes around. I ate part of a butterfinger yesterday and it was so overwhelmingly sweet I could barely eat it. 

snowbear74
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I found an article about it so maybe that will help-http://www.womentowomen.com/understandyourbody/symptoms/cravings.aspx

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)