Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you Clean?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:09 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hey Ladies :)

I've been doing a LOT of spring cleaning this week, and I was curious how all the other mommas do it... 

Personally, I REQUIRE music. It motivates me!

I try to multitask, but I usually get more done if I concentrate on one thing at a time.

My Kitchen HAS TO stay spotless, or I go crazy!

I HATE folding laundry and dusting. ugh.

And, I feel like I MUST vaccuum at least once a day, if not more! 

How about you?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I like to clean with music. I follow a cleaning schedule. Things I need to do: daily, weekly, every other day and monthly.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I hire someone for general cleaning.  Spring cleaning I do like to have music blaring. 

poshkat
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:14 PM

i do one room at a time, usually with music, sometimes not. i go into each room and finish it completely and while the flood dries i go into the next room. i also give myself a reward. when i finish a room i get to smoke a cigarette or have a piece of chocolate.

mommacarrie423
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I hope I can do that one day!

Quoting atlmom2:

I hire someone for general cleaning.  Spring cleaning I do like to have music blaring. 

cryssi_renee
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I will put on music.  I start in the laundry room and make my way through the house.  I hate doing dishes and putting away clothes.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I am waiting on them as I sit now.  I love it. 

Quoting mommacarrie423:

I hope I can do that one day!

Quoting atlmom2:

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

Elyce225
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM

As of late we pay someone else to do it.  They clean everything for me, I don't care how they do it as long as they get it done.

jeenw1019
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I HATE cleaning.  I really need to deep clean my house and clean out the fridge. 

slygrin
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I clean with music too. I usually start with laundry and then focus on common areas as those will be seen if anyone pops in. Then i do bathrooms, and my bedroom. I sweep, mop and vacuum last. Kids are responsible for their own rooms. It doesn't usually take me long as i do everything every day. 

mommacarrie423
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Quoting slygrin:

I clean with music too. I usually start with laundry and then focus on common areas as those will be seen if anyone pops in. Then i do bathrooms, and my bedroom. I sweep, mop and vacuum last. Kids are responsible for their own rooms. It doesn't usually take me long as i do everything every day. 

I'm trying to do everything every day, but I haven't gotten that motivated yet! I always vaccuum, but rarely get all the laundry folded. as long as the kitchen is clean and the floors are swept, I am ok with slacking on other things. Trying to get out of that habit though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)