Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda curious....

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM
  • 19 Replies

I've been gone lately and i'm sorry girls. I had thought I was pregnant, i'm still a week late and no period but the test says no... Still kinda worried though... My husband thinks it's stress that's causing it all but if I don't start soon i'm going to the doctors. I have kinda been in a down mood thinking that I might be... I know, I know. I should be grateful that I can get pregnant because some people can't but... I was still freaking out, still kinda am... I've gone through a huge thing of resenting myself because I wouldn't want to be pregnant and such... Which in turn makes me hate myself because I would never want to feel that... Anyways... Am I the only one...?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharonk101
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:11 PM
No u are not. Don't be down on yourself. good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I had a "scare" a few months back... I'm normally 28-30 days... By 35 days I started to flip!! I mean I've had my tubes tied if that tells you anything!! The day I decided to buy a test after work is the day it came! So yeah I know how you feel. I'm sure if I had been I would have dealt and eventually been happy but really I don't want more kiddies!!

steveiguana
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:18 PM

hugging

IrishDuckie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Same here, i'm good with 2. I mean... I wouldn't mind another... but with the hubs deploying soon I don't think I could really deal with another pregnancy on my own. I had to deal with my first on my own and that was hard enough... I feel bad for the whole resenting thing atm but we tried for our first 2.. so I guess I don't know how I should have felt, ya know?

Quoting Punkie74:

I had a "scare" a few months back... I'm normally 28-30 days... By 35 days I started to flip!! I mean I've had my tubes tied if that tells you anything!! The day I decided to buy a test after work is the day it came! So yeah I know how you feel. I'm sure if I had been I would have dealt and eventually been happy but really I don't want more kiddies!!

Punkie74
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Well I didn't try for my first and spent weeks crying because I didn't want to be pregnant!! I seriously didn't want kids...ever!! I wasn't even remotely happy until at least half way through!! So IMO your not a bad person at all for not wanting to be preggers!!

Quoting IrishDuckie:

Same here, i'm good with 2. I mean... I wouldn't mind another... but with the hubs deploying soon I don't think I could really deal with another pregnancy on my own. I had to deal with my first on my own and that was hard enough... I feel bad for the whole resenting thing atm but we tried for our first 2.. so I guess I don't know how I should have felt, ya know?

Quoting Punkie74:

IrishDuckie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Thanks for understanding. I was really feeling like an ass, lol.

Quoting Punkie74:

Well I didn't try for my first and spent weeks crying because I didn't want to be pregnant!! I seriously didn't want kids...ever!! I wasn't even remotely happy until at least half way through!! So IMO your not a bad person at all for not wanting to be preggers!!

dajeha
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with you not wanting to be pregnant especially since your husband is deploying soon.  I am sure though that if you do happen to be pregnant you will deal with it and eventually be very happy.  Please don't resent yourself. 

Punkie74
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Nope shouldn't feel like an ass at all. It's not a good time and you're happy with what you have. If you do happen to be, well I'm the type that believes everything happens for a reason, so eventually you'll be happy. Hey even if you are preggers I give you permission to be pissed for a while!! ;-)

Quoting IrishDuckie:

Thanks for understanding. I was really feeling like an ass, lol.

Quoting Punkie74:

IrishDuckie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I agree, things do happen for a reason. I'd have the baby cuz even though i'm pro-choice it isn't for me. I did tell the hubs I was liable to hate him for a short time though, lol.

Quoting Punkie74:

Nope shouldn't feel like an ass at all. It's not a good time and you're happy with what you have. If you do happen to be, well I'm the type that believes everything happens for a reason, so eventually you'll be happy. Hey even if you are preggers I give you permission to be pissed for a while!! ;-)

katandjohnmommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

When I found out I was pregnant last year I bawled for a month. We were living at my aunts house I already had two kids I sure wasn't ready for another. Then at 8 weeks I found out it was twins. I seriously bawled until I was like 6 months along. I so didn't want anymore babies. And now I was having two. Now I wouldn't change it for the world and it always works out. You aren't an ass because you don't want to pregnant right now 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)