Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dats not rite!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:47 AM
  • 46 Replies
What is your biggest spelling peeve on these forums?

When I start to read a post and see "dats" or "I seen" I just stop reading and go on to the next post! Lol. How much harder is it to type, "that's" or "I saw"?

That's right, I'm a spelling and grammar bitch... Which is funny since my iPhone makes me look like an idiot on here far too often! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wilesmomma
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:48 AM
The wrong use of there, their and they're.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oOoLeilanioOo
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I am from Hawaii and everyone there says "I seen" IRL. =X  I didn't even know it was wrong until I moved in with hubby (He's from Ohio).

My pet peeve is "Prolly".

Elyssa414
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Ooh! Agreed! Or when people don't know the difference between to and too.

Quoting wilesmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IrishDuckie
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Omg I know! Or you're and your. Too and to. Wonder and wander... ahh the list goes on and on. And that gibberish text! It kills me! I understand when people sometimes misspell words, lol I know I probably would screw up a lot more without spell check. But when they do it on purpose! Ugh!

Quoting wilesmomma:

Elyssa414
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Wednesday!! I know it doesn't look right, but it's NOT spelled Wendsday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM

i hate the word "dats" too. It reminds me of the stupid saints & makes me want to PUKE lol (no i'm not still bitter;) )

slipperfeet
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Using "ya" instead if "yeah"

banging head into wall

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:15 PM

When people say "we was".

And I also hate words like dats and dem.

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Text spelling...I can understand misspelling too, but text spelling is annoying. It has it's place on a phone when you're only given 160 character spaces, but we have unlimited space on here. If you're too lazy to type out the entire word, then I'm going to be too lazy to try and read it. Oh and not capitalizing the letter "I" when it's used as a single word.

Elyce225
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM

I'm right there with you with your peeve, it makes those who use that text look like a fucking moron.

Get this. My MIL was in the hospital, in ICU after a major lung surgery. My husband's one niece (who is one of those fucking morons I am talking about) was there with her updating the family of her progress. She was typing, and not on a phone(it does make it just a little more acceptable on the phone) lik dis da hole tim. WTF!!  I kid you not she wrote "da dr is cumming in 2 chk on g-gma". Fucking cumming? Really whorebag did you need to write it like that. So of course me being me (and hating MIL anyway) I asked her to stop typing like she is a 14 year old whore filled with cum. Haha, the family took me off of the updates thank goodness. 

The girl had a laptop there was absolutely no reason to type like that, well she really is stupid though.  It wasn't like she was shooting her friends a cutesy text message, she was updating a family worried (again me and DH hate his mom so we laughed at it) about their mother texting language with cum as come. How hard is it to spell come for Christ sake.  PIG!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)