Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's up with my kids!?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

SO> my kids are always up for fun. They are smart, sassy, funny, awesome. BUT every year during easter there is an easter egg hunt and when the its time for them to go out and look they both get all upset and start crying and dont want to go. Mind you there are a lot of other kids and what not, but its weird. It happened last yr and i really didnt think it would happen again this year. We were very patient about and tried to get them into it with our help (our being my husband and I) but they wouldnt calm down and enjoy it. Anyone else have this issue ever?? They are 3 and 5 by the way. Thanks for reading!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Elyce225
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Aww no but I wonder what is going on with them.  Maybe it's because they are so much cuter than other kids (because, well, you kids are extra beautiful) that they feel bad for being in their presence haha.  That's the only thing I can come up with. 

Are they excited on Easter morning? Is there a big creepy Easter bunny with huge creepy eyes at the egg hunt?  I'm 29 and I think I would cry if that thing came near me. My kids were begging me to go get a picture with the bunny at the mall but I couldn't. Last year I had nightmares for two weeks straight. And I mean nightmares where I woke up sweating that the bunny was killing me.

itscool2recycle
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM

there actually was a creepy bunny there lol My husband and i were sad because we did practice runs at home and they did great. We did the practice because we didnt want a repeat of last year. What really pissed us off was that some bitch mom (no, she really is!) behind us was laughing at us the whole time! My husband is a coach in the fall for football so he was starting to think his coaching skills suck since both years they freaked. :( 

Elyce225
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:01 PM

No way is it you or your DH's fault. Maybe they were over stimulated with all of the other kids being there, that could be intimidating.   What kid of mother laughs at children being scared?  Wow she sounds horrible.  Hey at least you tried and took them, the rest was up to them and they just are not ready.  Maybe have your own little egg hunt at home tomorrow just for the two of them. 

My nephew gets very nervous with big crowds and breaks down.  One year we took him to the Thanksgiving parade, in Philly they through all kinds of goodies and the kids all gather to catch them. Well my son went into the kid crowd but my nephew freaked out and was clinging to my leg. He didn't care that candy was all over he wanted nothing to do with it.

LilGina
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Do you go around with them? of let them walk by themselves?

itscool2recycle
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:10 PM

well they are supposed to do it themselves, so maybe thats why

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)