Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I was a bit of a B****

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM
  • 69 Replies

My in-laws live just over an hour away. They called on Thursday and asked what we were planning for Easter. Well on Thursday I felt like my head was going to explode and when my husband put me on the spot I just said I didn't know. So yesterday we get a message on the answering machine from my brother in law "Mom said dinner will be at three on Sunday so be here then." WHAT?? First I don't want to spend my Easter at my in laws. Second, that is my son's nap time. Third, I can't eat at their house because they have no clue what cross contamination is and I really don't feel like getting sick because they don't know how to cook food I can eat!! They won't come to our house because my father in law has to work and doesn't get home until three. Well I told my husband we're not going!! Yeah I'm being a shit but I don't feel like having a crabby kid, spending hours on the road, and worrying about what to eat because my in-laws told me to! Yes I acknowledge I'm being a bitch and I'm ok with that!!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimbkay
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:43 PM
U go girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:45 PM

i wouldnt go either

madcrazymom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:59 PM
I wouldn't go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
URHonor
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:59 PM

LOL I am working! I can't eat at my moms (CC=gluten lol) either!!!

LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:21 AM
An hour doesn't seem far to me...but if you don't want to go then don't.

Does your husband want to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:32 AM

No an hour's not that far but adding in the crabby kid and me watching everyone eat makes for a miserable trip. Plus I'm irritated ate the "be there at 3" comment.

Yes hubby wants to go but he'll go just because he was told to.

Every holiday they want me to revolve my world around them and I just don't feel like it this time!

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

An hour doesn't seem far to me...but if you don't want to go then don't.

Does your husband want to?

SarahlovesLiz
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Don't blame you one bit!  I'm trying a new thing with my inlaws called "I don't give a f*ck what you want, I'm going on with my life, and you're not going to be involved in it anymore!"  I hope it works.  lol  They've messed up too many times.  Enjoy your family time with your son and DH and don't worry about them.  Your little family is more important!  GL!

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Hiss at them thats what I do

Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Eh they'll get over it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
worship
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:40 AM

u go girl......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)