Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did no one notice this?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM
  • 50 Replies
United Airlines is advertising on a billboard adjacent to Ground Zero. The billboard reads "you're going to like where we land". United Flight 175 hit the south tower on 9/11 - who the hell approved this sign? How did no one at United notice this idiosy? People are in an uproar over this, rightfully so. It is a ridiculous slogan to begin with but when you add this travesty you have to question the lunacy of the decision makers at the airline.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Wow!

slipperfeet
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:25 AM

The slogan is kinda lame but not that bad. It's the location of the billboard that is questionable. Wonder who approved that. United? I doubt it. Probably some marketing guy or something, idk how things work. I just doubt that United approves/knows/cares about the exact location of every billboard.

steveiguana
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Quoting slipperfeet:

The slogan is kinda lame but not that bad. It's the location of the billboard that is questionable. Wonder who approved that. United? I doubt it. Probably some marketing guy or something, idk how things work. I just doubt that United approves/knows/cares about the exact location of every billboard.

this I think people were more upset over the use of the flight numbers again

slipperfeet
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Quoting steveiguana:

Quoting slipperfeet:

this I think people were more upset over the use of the flight numbers again

hmmmm, interesting. i thought after a crash they didn't use the flight numbers anymore. 

steveiguana
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:11 AM

they briefly started using them again until people started complaining then it was claimed to be a computer programming error

sllytnkrbl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Regardless, anyone with half a mind would know how bad it would be to place this particular billboard at this site, at some point someone commissioned it's location, why would that person not check the ad contents?   United's name is on the advertisement, they chose to hire someone they signed off on it, they have no excuse, every company has someone on payroll whose responsibility it is to make sure the company doesn't make mistakes like these so that their name is not dragged through the mud.

Quoting slipperfeet:

slipperfeet
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

Regardless, anyone with half a mind would know how bad it would be to place this particular billboard at this site, at some point someone commissioned it's location, why would that person not check the ad contents?   United's name is on the advertisement, they chose to hire someone they signed off on it, they have no excuse, every company has someone on payroll whose responsibility it is to make sure the company doesn't make mistakes like these so that their name is not dragged through the mud.

Quoting slipperfeet:

shit happens.

Zanny
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I didn't notice this because I live 1500 miles away....  

But I totally agree with you!  Who checked YES??

mommasboyz17
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:02 PM
Wow how thoughtless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlueEyez217
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM

someone is getting fired.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)