Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish once we could get caught up without getting a huge hit!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM
  • 19 Replies
We took our car in for an oil change and brakes thinking it would be $300 max. Nope. Its $990! I told DH take it somewhere else, get another quote and he is stubborn and is just going to keep it there... There goes my redecorating for the new place!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aislinn
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Geez.What kind of car is it? 

3HappylKidds
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:17 PM

holy crap, my husband is a mechanic and NEVER EVER has it ever cost that much for brakes and oil!! that is so f-ed up!!

activitymode
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Um, wow. I wouldn't be going back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Quoting 3HappylKidds:

holy crap, my husband is a mechanic and NEVER EVER has it ever cost that much for brakes and oil!! that is so f-ed up!!

Unless it is an expensive foreign car, they are getting screwed. Bad.

MIA0223
by Michelle on May. 21, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Its an infinity? I think we are getting way over charged. He just wants the car done. Thats too much for brakes, an oil change and roaters (sp?) right? Front and back? I had a car before and it was around 300, thats why I thought it would be that much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Uh, wtf.  No way in hell.

Aislinn
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Quoting MIA0223:

Its an infinity? I think we are getting way over charged. He just wants the car done. Thats too much for brakes, an oil change and roaters (sp?) right? Front and back? I had a car before and it was around 300, thats why I thought it would be that much!

Well, that would be an expensive foriegn car... It could be the parts that are so expensive. let me see if I can find anything out.. BRB..

Aislinn
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Wow. Mental note. Never buy an Infinity.. :( Your parts are about 600 dollars. For pads, rotors, etc.. Ouch. I would still try to get another quote and I would also look into buying the parts online. You can get them cheaper and the mechanic cannot mark them up..

Aislinn
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Quoting MIA0223:

GM's, Fords, Chryslers etc will have cheaper parts.. I learned my lesson with a GLI Volkswagen. The parts were a killer. 

steveiguana
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:30 PM

hate when that happens

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)