Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 8 year old Hates me :(

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM
  • 37 Replies

My 8 year old daughter told me this afternoon that she hates me & I am the worst mother ever...

because I wouldn't take her at 3pm to the Aquarium..

She wrote me a note, stating so....

How would you handle this????    

I will let you all know what I did after I get some responses

by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:17 PM

hugs

She doesn't really hate you, you know that right?  She's just angry with you and acting out because she didn't get her way.  

Zanny
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Oh, I know that.....

She is acting like this, so she will get her very own way... and it's not happening

Lanie_momofone
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Me honestly ??? I would be having her sit down with two lined papers and a pencil , and telling her that i want both pages covered double spaced....saying " I hate my mom" ....

But yet again...this would work with my 9 yr old ....

wissotamum
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I've gotten that note before.  My oldest daughter will be 8 in July.  I just told her that I don't like that kind of meanness and she can stay in her room until she can remember that she's a kind person.

Zanny
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Intersting Lanie.... 

I like that....

Zanny
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM

She is in her room as I type

Lanie_momofone
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Quoting Zanny:

Intersting Lanie.... 

I like that....

LOL...might be mean, but it would make my daughter feel guilty that she was even writting it , i would get an apology shortly...because she would feel bad for saying it.

She has SAID it to me before, i just come back with " love you too"...BUT if she actually wrote it on a peice of paper and gave it to me  , yea i would make her write it out ...

Zanny
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I told her.... 

"Oh really???  You hate me??  and she said.. yes, you are the worst mother EVER!!!!!

So I told her to go find a better one....  I took her into her room, got her suitcase out, and packed some of her clothes... I told her if she hated me SOO much, and I was SOOO Horrible... She can leave and find another mother to love her... 

Then she screams at me... You won't even take me to Build a Bear!!!  (I had told her I would... IF she cleaned her room, which she did not)

So then I took her hand... the suitcase  and led her outside.... I handed her $10, and told her to write if she found a new family.... 

Her sister, who is 19... snuck her back in the house, while I was peeing... I'm not supposed to know

Zanny
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I know... I am a rottenly mean mother.....

But I am not going to tolerate that kind of behavior...

jessnjosh87
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:29 PM

LOL good job momma. Show her whos boss :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)