Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Angel of Death

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:39 AM
  • 0 Replies

Gupta on Kevorkian: Rest in peace

No matter how old someone is, or how sick they have been, it still comes as a shock to hear they have died. 83-year-old Jack Kevorkian, Dr. Death himself, died this morning as Bach, his favorite, played over the intercom.  I felt an involuntary gasp of air in my throat when I learned of his passing.

Last June, he agreed to sit down with me, and participate in what would be the last TV interview of his life. We sat and talked under an impossibly blue sky on the campus of the University of Michigan. I wrote the story at the link below soon after we spoke.

Dr. Kevorkian told me he was afraid to die. "Just like everyone else," he added. If you sat and listened to him, that wouldn't seem nearly as ironic as you think. He also said he wasn't ready to die. He said he needed to warn the world about the perils of an overabundant society, change their views on euthanasia, and help re-establish the glory of the 9th amendment.

As often happens in death, Dr. Kevorkian may now be even more likely to achieve those goals.

I told Jack I hoped to see him again one day. And, I meant it. RIP.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta on his conversation with Dr. Jack Kevorkian, originally posted on June 14th, 2010

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)