Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you list your maiden name on facebook?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have your maiden name on FB (along with your married name), so people know who you are?

Options:

Yes, I have both names

Nope just my married name

Just my maiden

don't use facebook

not married

never changed my name

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

I got a friend request from someone with 18 mutual friends.  Her profile picture is of her kid.  She doesn't have her maiden name listed and I have no idea who the hell she is.  Most people list both, from what I've noticed.  Do you put yours?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:43 AM

NO! I do not want high school idiots tracking me down although some still found me.,

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:44 AM

No

wishbearmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:44 AM

I'm divorced but I kept my married name; I have my legal last name followed by my maiden name in parentheses.

kitty8199
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:46 AM

I just don't know who some people are.  At least add a message when you request me if you change your name, and you don't put yourself as your profile pic.  Tell me who you are. 

burninghalo
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Quoting MrsApple:

No

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM

When I was married, I just listed my maiden name. Mostly because my married name sounded like you had something caught in your throat and I hated it so I never used it for anything...

You'd think she's send you a message with her maiden name so you could figure out who she was.

Hottmomma607
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:15 AM

I didnt at first but a lot of H.S. friends kept getting on so I just added it so they'll know who I am.

kitty8199
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

When I was married, I just listed my maiden name. Mostly because my married name sounded like you had something caught in your throat and I hated it so I never used it for anything...

You'd think she's send you a message with her maiden name so you could figure out who she was.

Yeah, I'm not accepting it.  You'd think she'd know with a new last name and no pic, I wouldn't know who she is.

Parksey27
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:12 AM

You could always accept and see if there is info on who she is, photos, posts, etc.... and if you still don't know you can unfriend her. I've done that before.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Yeah, I'm not accepting it.  You'd think she'd know with a new last name and no pic, I wouldn't know who she is.

HouseKatof2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I am listed with both names. 

If you are having trouble figuring out who she is, and don't want to just ask her, try looking on "Classmates". If she is there it will have both her names.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)