Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! I can not believe I did this!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:20 AM
  • 15 Replies

I made my first cake! It is not anywhere near perfect.  I am totally no cake boss, but I think it turned out cool! My daughter LOVED it and that is all that matters. 

I have fine motor issues and have trouble focusing so it took me all day yesterday.  But, I am so proud I pushed myself and did it. 

Anyway I had to share! Here are the pics!

It is a gluten free cake too, which made it SOOO much harder because it crimbles easy!  Because she is allergic to wheat and   gluten she never gets a cool cake cus they do not make them at the bakery! That is why I made it!  It made me tear up to see her so happy when she woke this AM and saw it! =-)

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 7 yrs, Lilly 4 yrs, Molly 1 yr. and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence  survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor,  I am an attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-)That is me in a nutshell!     

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Michelle on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:23 AM
Awesome. That was so nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM
That was really nice of you it's pretty to! You went the extra mile to be an excellent momma today!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proudnerd
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:26 AM

You did a wonderful job!

danie24
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:35 AM
Great job! When my daughter was on the GF/CF diet we had to bake our cakes and cupcakes, too.

I was overwhelmed looking at the ingredients list but after we did it a couple times it was a piece of cake (no pun intended, ha)

your daughter is BRAUTIFUL! Happy birthday to her :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Quoting MIA0223:

Awesome. That was so nice.
r_luvli
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:48 AM
I think you did a fantastic job momma, and so does your dd, judging by the smile on her face!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Perfect.Pixie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:50 AM
Yay mom! Awesome job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarShy740
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:52 AM
Wow that's so awesome you made that!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2little1s
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:45 AM
Quoting danie24:

Great job! When my daughter was on the GF/CF diet we had to bake our cakes and cupcakes, too.

I was overwhelmed looking at the ingredients list but after we did it a couple times it was a piece of cake (no pun intended, ha)

your daughter is BRAUTIFUL! Happy birthday to her :)

yeah, I finally have a good mix of ingredients that work well. but, they are finicky.... I had to make 4 8x8 cakes, and the last one the butter separated cus I stopped in the middle of putting the ingredients cus I had to take care of Molly, and the cake came out awful and I had to get more batter ingredients and start that cake over.

baking a normal cake will seem easy after this!

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 7 yrs, Lilly 4 yrs, Molly 1 yr. and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence  survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor,  I am an attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-)That is me in a nutshell!     

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:55 AM

I like it.  Its funny my Mom always made my cakes and I begged for a cake that was bought.  Now, most kids get cakes that are bought and want Mom to make a cake, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)