Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

funeral ? (piog)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

i just found out that my grandma may not make it through the week. she is in her 90's & has congestive heart failure. she's been in the hospital for the last few weeks & there is nothing they can do for her other than medicate her so she doesn't feel anything.

i'm in ga & she is in wv. i know my husband won't be able to go, he can't get off at the last minute like that & i couldn't leave the kids here with him with noone to watch them when he's at work. i'm torn on wether i should go or stay home. i don't think children should be kept away from funerals & know all my cousins with younger ones will take them to the funeral but my children do not know their great grandma. she met my oldest when she was a baby but not since & has never met my son. would it be wrong of me, even though she is their great gradma, to take them to a funeral of someone they don't know?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I always got taken to funerals no matter what my age.  I think its good.  Just my opinion. 

janeleesmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:13 PM
I am in the same boat as you are in. Last week we had my my dhs great granny's funeral, she was 103. Now, I get news from my mom that my grandma who is in her 90s fractured her back and is in a lot of pain. They are telling my mom that she should go ahead and call family!

My dd has not had much contact with either grandmas we took her to my dhs funeral. We will take her to the next grandmas on my side! The only thing I refuse to do is take her to the veiwing!
meghansmommy987
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:14 PM
I remember going to funerals when younger and not knowing who they were, just that it was family. Also when my dd was one her grandpa (hubs dad) passed and she never met him, but we all went.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:15 PM

agree with the viewing part.  i know it helps some with their grief but i don't go to them myself

steveiguana
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM

no she is family

Elyssa414
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:59 PM
I think it would be fine if you want to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Forgot to put I am sorry for your upcoming loss hope all goes smoothly on your visit there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)