Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you share your netflix password?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM
  • 15 Replies

Netflix sharing will be a crime in TN

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110602/NEWS/306020033/Netflix-sharing-will-crime-TN

State lawmakers in country music’s capital have passed a groundbreaking measure that would make it a crime to use a friend’s login — even with permission — to listen to songs or watch movies from services such as Netflix and Rhapsody.

The bill, which has been signed by Gov. Bill Haslam and takes effect July 1, was pushed by recording industry officials to try to stop the loss of billions of dollars to illegal music sharing. They hope other states will follow.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:37 PM
I don't have one... But wow... I guess they wanna make that $$$.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4theKydz
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I don't, I never even thought of it until just now.

MIA0223
by Michelle on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:38 PM
I dont have netflix
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I don't give out the password.  It's DH account and I watch it...will that be illegal too?  *L*

Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I don't give out our password but the Netflix account is in DH's name also I wonder how they would handle that. Do I have to get another account would each of my kid have to have an Netflix accounts also, though they are minors??? 

Quoting SP_Mama:

I don't give out the password.  It's DH account and I watch it...will that be illegal too?  *L*

SnoBuny
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Quoting LyTe684:

I don't have one... But wow... I guess they wanna make that $$$.

and they should use some of that money to make captions available for the deaf and hearing impaired!!!

steveiguana
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

I don't give out our password but the Netflix account is in DH's name also I wonder how they would handle that. Do I have to get another account would each of my kid have to have an Netflix accounts also, though they are minors??? 

Quoting SP_Mama:

not sure however our kids are in college and they occasionally will acess netflix on thier computers which they also use at home to do so

yasbobari
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:46 PM

i have it, and nop i dont share any passwords

TigerofMu
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I wouldn't share my password if I had it, but I don't.

COLEMAN6
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I only share with household members of my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)