Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would u have done this?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm happily married. In fact my husband and I are going to be celebrating 1 yr tomorrow. We are buying a house and decided that it was our 1yr gift to each other!
Anywho my sister who just moved into town is very single she was dating this guy for a really long time like 5 yrs. Him and I went out on 1 date and I knew from the get go he was a loser who wasn't going any where. My sister started to date him and by the time I figured out that was who she was dating they had been together for a yr so I figured maybe he'd be right for her I mean she did start staying clean (she was on house arrest for drugs and just a huge partier) a lot more after being with him. Now they have broken up but she's still clean and sober.
So She moved back in with my parents after the break up and this morning her and I went to breakfast. I was telling her that last night I was thinking this other guy I use to date would be a really good person for her to hang out with. She was like o dear. Lol but I was telling her no no no u don't have to date him, I mean I dont care if that's how it ends up but he's a fun guy and he knows the city really well. She asked me why we broke up and I told her mostly cuz he wasn't the settling down type at the time and he never wanted to come see me just always wanted me to go there. I told her we are still good friends and she doesn't even have to hang out with him if she doesn't want to but I think she might like him as a friend at least!
So I was telling DH about mine and my sisters talk. He wasn't upset but he gave me this look that I've never seen him give me before like he wasn't sure about my sister being friend with a guy I dated. I assured him that him and my sister more then likely won't date but hes a nice guy who has a steady job and likes to have fun. I just want Her to have male friends like that cuz then maybe he'll introduce her to other nice men that are stable or I don't care if they do date. I just want her to know that not all men are losers!!! He shrugged and changed the subject which is fine I was done talking about it anyway but now I'm wondering if it bugs him and if it was a bad idea all together. What do u all think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
steveiguana
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:46 PM

not sure my sister and I never dated each others exes

emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I think I would let my sister find her own friends and boyfriends

yasbobari
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:52 PM

yep..and def. not an ex lol..to each their own, but not for us. good luck

Quoting emilysmom8:

I think I would let my sister find her own friends and boyfriends

momofSkyeNShy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:27 PM
He was a nice guy I'm not out hunting for a man for her it just so happens her last BF and I went out on 1 date long before she started dating him. I didn't even kiss the guy I knew he was ALL wrong for me. The guy I told her about I did date for about 2 months but we just dated really i wouldn't say he was a Boyfriend of mine. I'd just say he was a guy I dated yes we slept together and he's a nice guy but not the guy for me I'm more of a have fun at home kind of gal and he always wanted to go out. Kind of like my sister she always wants to go out. Plus he likes to spend HIS money and that's a nice change for my sister! O well I guess ur right not everyone would Help their sister make friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildsun
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:13 PM
My sister is seven so i'll never have to deal with this, lol. If she didn't take well to your suggestion iwould say make your point directly and leave out be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3totsinabox
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:19 PM

i don't see a problem with it.  my sister and I are two years apart and during the ages of 16-20 her friends were my friends.  even after she moved to a different state.  I even dated one of her ex bf for awhile.  Meeting new people and stable people will be good for her.  It is hard to get to know new people when you get older.  I know it is for me :)

momofSkyeNShy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:20 AM
Thanks my sister and I are 3 yrs apart! Like I said she does have to date him but at least he's not a total loser or a total jerk!

Quoting 3totsinabox:

i don't see a problem with it.  my sister and I are two years apart and during the ages of 16-20 her friends were my friends.  even after she moved to a different state.  I even dated one of her ex bf for awhile.  Meeting new people and stable people will be good for her.  It is hard to get to know new people when you get older.  I know it is for me :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)