Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I have a right??.....OT Rant/need opinions

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 AM
  • 9 Replies

To be pissed off and annoyed?

I'm a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding on 8/6/11. I went 2/19/11 to be fitted for my bridesmaid dress. Me and the other girl I went with were the last 2 to get fitted. SO they should have ordered the dresses right after. I was already annoyed when I was fitted because they measured me and the size they said I needed is like 3" too big in the bust so I know I'm going to need alterations. Plus it threw me just over into the first size that tacks on an extra $20 bc it's a plus size bringing my grand total up to $202. My friend ordered her wedding dress back in Nov and it only just came in mid June. I called the shop 2.5 weeks ago to check on it bc I had a nightmare that my dress didn't come in and I was scrambling to try to find a matching dress the night before the wedding. They told me they were expecting the dresses in by the following Wed. Well that would have been by 6/29. Here we are 7/8/11 less than a month before the wedding and still no dresses.

I'm pissed. I still need to get alterations done and do not want to go to them. I'm already in this for this dress that I will never wear again for over $200 and when they were asked about alterations they told the other girls "oh alterations wouldn't run more than $100." They can kiss my ass. They're charging the bride $270 for alterations. She said she doesn't even know why they measured her, her dress seemed as big as the sample she tried on in the store.

And why in the world would I trust them with alterations when I still haven't even got my dress. Poor Amy (the bride) is mad but she is the sweetest girl and can not be mean to anyone. I suck at any confrontation too, but isn't this ridiculous by this point?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ginnyk87
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:29 AM
I would be mad too!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ataemommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:56 AM

You have every right to be mad, and bridal shops are NOTORIOUS for this.

steveiguana
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Quoting Ataemommy:

demonmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:21 AM

My butt would be calling that shop everyday now. On Top of when you actually get the dress you still have to have additional work done. When that dress comes in, you go in and tell them exactly when wedding is and what needs to be done the week before.  If they seem like they are jerking you around still take the dress out of the store and find a relative or another company to do tailoring. Hemming and taking IN a dress should not take more than a day. Good luck!!!

BabyTeki
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Before I had a chance to call this morning my friend called to let me know they were in. So we went and for mine. It fits ok except the bust. Needs taken in about an inch each side. They quoted me $40 for the alterations, buy the girl that does them is only in on sat

demonmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Oh thats good!! Make sure you are there first thing Saturday!!

yasbobari
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Quoting Ataemommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GertieK
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Go get the dress, and find a different place for alterations.  That place is not the only place that can handle it.  Do not keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.  They have proven themselves unreliable, and won't be getting any better.

a11ysmommy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I would take the dress (when it finally comes in) to someone else to be tailored. I am sure you could find someone who would do it for less than $50. When I was a bridesmaid I think I paid $10 for my dress to be tailored. Even if it was 8yrs ago, I don't expect it to cost $100, that is ridiculous!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)