Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's gonna get his dad in trouble!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

my fil called yesterday and told me that while our kids were over at his house staying the night my oldest said "Mommy can't talk to daddy, cause daddy'll give her stitches cause she's bad."  He proceded to drill and question me about any sort of abuse... he does NOT beat me!  I'm not the type to just sit around and take abuse.  If he were to ever lay a hand on me, you better believe I'll knock his head across the room.  Anyway, my son's said stuff like this before (he's even said out in public: "Daddy! Don't beat me!") Have any of your kids done something like this?? how do we correct it??  he's gonna get DH into some big trouble one of these days!!!  

And no, my DH doesn't beat the kids... he works nights and I'm a SAHM, so I'm always around to notice anything.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MIA0223
by Michelle on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Wow, not sure. How old are they? Just ask them not to say it because it could get Daddy in trouble.
DD went through a thing where every police officer she saw she would freak out and say "No, I don't want the police to take me" because she saw some people get arrested in front of out store (Drunk idiots fighting)
It was embarassing, but one night we went to the store to see DH and there were 2 bike cops in there and DH made a huge deal about how the police were our friends, introduced DD to them and she doesn't freak out any more.

xRockaBrittanyx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:34 PM
yeah, my son likes to place blame. He's two, and i think he's just discovering words and how they work. He'll bump his arm on the table or something and have a little red spot, and come to get it kissed, and i'll ask him what happened.. Half the time he'll tell the truth, half the time it's "daddy.. Did it" or gideon, grandma, mommy, nancy, random other people he hardly ever sees.. I do worry someone will hear and think the wrong thing, but not very much. I kust tell him "daddy didn't do it, silly, daddy's at work!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yostastic
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:36 PM

He's 4.  he used to freak out about police officers, too.  we were at the library and when he spotted an officer he screeched "EEEE! It's the cops! HIDE!"  then stalked him from behind the book shelves LOL  the guy came over and talked to DS then sat down and put puzzles together with him, so he's fine with them now... now i just have to figure out handle THIS! lol

Quoting MIA0223:

Wow, not sure. How old are they? Just ask them not to say it because it could get Daddy in trouble.
DD went through a thing where every police officer she saw she would freak out and say "No, I don't want the police to take me" because she saw some people get arrested in front of out store (Drunk idiots fighting)
It was embarassing, but one night we went to the store to see DH and there were 2 bike cops in there and DH made a huge deal about how the police were our friends, introduced DD to them and she doesn't freak out any more.

mommy259
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Every time he lies and makes up stories like that he needs to be punished big time!!! Because he will end up getting your DH in alot of trouble and even possibly jail time or end up having your kids taking away because of it.. Your son needs to know it is not ok to go around lying and making up stories like that to people...

AriesMom24
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:39 PM

our 7 year old does this stuff, its rather annoying...she has recently started writing what bothers her in her journal so hopefully we can soon avoid the screaming bloody murder  and such when she gets asked to go her room...oh and btw she told her mom that my hubby chocked her, which isnt even true, then cps had to investigate and she told them the truth when they asked her...ugh! isnt it lovely?

katzmeow726
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:43 PM
I would take him to the local pd with your hubby the next time he does this. Have them "arrest" and start to process your dh. Make sure he knows daddy is being arrested for whatever your kid said he did.
Ask him "are you sure he _____ you? Because daddy wil have to go bye bye for a long time!

I hate to scare him, but he needs to learn what can happen if he cries wolf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)