Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Advice about how to get my boyfriend to move out of his parents house!

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM
  • 43 Replies

I need advice on how to get my boyfriend to move out of his parents house! me and him live there right now and its fine and everything but there is a couple of problems.. there is cockroaches, it smells werid all the time in there, I cant cook my own food and we are stuck in his tiny room. Plus to top it off I cant talk to his parents because they dont speak english! I just dont feel comfortable there. We have enough money to move out and alreadly started packing. But today he said he doesnt wanna move out anymore ( i think his mom talked to him) because his mom doesnt want us moving out. So how do I get him to want to move out again? our baby girl is coming in november and there is no way I am living in his house. What should I do?

by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hailnbray
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:02 PM

can u afford to move on ur own. id just move out. it wont take long and im sure he will follow.

Ohhappygal
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:04 PM
You already live there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Talk to him to find out why he doesn't want to move. Maybe he's worried about the cost of living and having to care for a baby, maybe he's not ready to move away from home. Find out what the problem is to come up with a way around it.

Amybelle
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:07 PM

you don't............why would you want to???

jessnjosh87
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Move out without him. Your baby deserves better then that.
Amybelle
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Quoting cjsmom1:

Talk to him to find out why he doesn't want to move. Maybe he's worried about the cost of living and having to care for a baby, maybe he's not ready to move away from home. Find out what the problem is to come up with a way around it.

really?? UGH...........Women who insist on "finding a way around it" are the ones who are always complaining about their relationships.

danie24
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I'd just leave.

A man who won't move out of Mommy's house and forces his pregnant girlfriend to live in his childhood bedroom = Turn Off / Loser

If he is worth anything he'll be helping you find a decent place, pack, load the truck, and move.

nataliemarie3
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Quoting jessnjosh87:

Move out without him. Your baby deserves better then that.

thank you! I dont want my baby living in a house with mold and bugs.

nataliemarie3
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Amybelle:

you don't............why would you want to???

why would I want to move out? or why would I want to convince him?

owl0210
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Your boyfriend is a mama's boy so it's time to get a new one. That place sounds disgusting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)