Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama's Sleek Black Tour Bus Cost $1.1 Million

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM
  • 35 Replies

As President Obama cruises through the Midwest the next three days, he'll be riding in two buses -- sleek and black, with dark-tinted windows -- that cost $1.1 million, the Associated Press reports. A Secret Service spokesman explained that the agency has to protect politicians riding in buses all the time anyway, and it plans on using the buses for future candidates and officials.

The White House says Obama will spend the roadtrip listening to voters vent their frustration with Washington and talk about their economic struggles. The full length of the bus:

www. theatlanticwire. com

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NickiNavarro
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:17 AM
He should fly a private jet to each place instead. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Horrendous waste of taxpayers money.

Punkie74
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I'm less upset about the bus than I am at all the campaigning he's doing.

Elyce225
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Pshh, only 1.1 million.  I have a new sleek black bus everyday, suck that Obama!

SingleMomzRock
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Ugh... No one should put a checkbook in that guy's hands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:02 AM

And the man who said he would create jobs in the US.....buys a bus made in Canada. 

teddysmom08
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Last night, Laura Ingram referred to the bus as "Death Star" and the tour itself as One Nation Under the Bus.  Very fitting!

silvercrow
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM

what would cost the tax payers more sending him place to place with hordes of people on several other planes to get there before him and all the security crap needed before and after he is there than to plant his ass on a Bus with everyone needed right there(or 2 buses) To me its cheaper to bus him all over the damn place than fly his ass on 5 or 6 planes at a time place to place kwim?

minimom11107
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I think that's probably pretty cheap for presidential transportation. You have to figure the cost to make it bulletproof would make anything expensive.

silvercrow
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM

take that into consideration when you have to fly him place to place.. to amp up security before during and after he gets there, all the planes needed to get him and everyone everywhere plus all the added security needed i would think it could Cost MORE to fly him all over the US than to Bus His ass all over 2 buses is Cheaper than 2 or 3 planes and all the security needed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)