Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you put your child on SSI?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:46 AM
  • 57 Replies

Poll

Question: If you were sure they would never be fully functional? (for the most part normal but has some major learning disabilities)

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 71

View Results

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ginabear1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:47 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:49 AM

I am kind of on the fence on trying to put Xzavier on it.....He is learning disabled though no classification given to him as of yet. He has difficulty communicating and some other issues.

moniagee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:49 AM
I would and have so I could pay for services he needed that insurance didnt cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hailnbray
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM

we put my daughter on ssi. its the only way to get therapy covered that her insurance wont pay for.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I'm trying to figure out if my son is eligible. They want to do a ton of genetic testing but we just can't aford it.

Quoting hailnbray:

we put my daughter on ssi. its the only way to get therapy covered that her insurance wont pay for.

mommatothree01
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:23 AM

We had the option of putting our ds on ssi when he was diagnosed w/cancer.  We chose not to because our insurance paid 100% of his care.  If there had been gaps in his coverage, I would have.  It gets REALLY expensive doing therapies and treatments and can put a very real and big strain on a family.

yasbobari
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:24 AM
Oh my, hugs mama. How is he now?

Quoting mommatothree01:

We had the option of putting our ds on ssi when he was diagnosed w/cancer.  We chose not to because our insurance paid 100% of his care.  If there had been gaps in his coverage, I would have.  It gets REALLY expensive doing therapies and treatments and can put a very real and big strain on a family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hailnbray
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:24 AM

unless u have a diagnosis already its nearly impossible to do. it can happen but u may have to fight for it.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I'm trying to figure out if my son is eligible. They want to do a ton of genetic testing but we just can't aford it.

Quoting hailnbray:

today I can say I just sat back and was greatful for having the greatest kids I could ask for. I am going to worry less and love a little more. I am going to stop counting the minutes till bed time and start counting the minutes till good night kisses. I am going to stop crying and start laughing. I know together this family can move mountains one rock at a time
xense
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM
Yes I would if it was the only way I could afford to pay for their health care expenses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Quoting xense:

Yes I would if it was the only way I could afford to pay for their health care expenses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)