• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MSNBC "News" Trying to Smear Gov. Perry?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM
  • 7 Replies

NBC News Caught Red Handed ‘Selectively Editing’ & ‘ Doctoring’ Video to Smear Gov Perry as Racist

Ed Schultz used a deceptive edit to misinform his audience about the content of Gov. Rick Perry's speech in Iowa yesterday. Schultz claimed that Gov. Perry was calling President Obama a "black cloud hanging over America" when in fact, the governor was talking about the national debt.

http://www.breitbart.tv/outrage-nbc-news-ed-schultz-uses-deceptive-edit-to-paint-rick-perry-as-racist/

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
imamomzilla
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:21 AM

UPDATE: Aug.16

On tonight's "The Ed Show" on MSNBC, Ed Schultz admitted he was in error in deceptively editing a clip of Gov. Rick Perry, removing the meaning and context of the governor's statement. The deception was first revealed here at Breitbart.tv.

He did not apologize, and he did not explain to his viewers that the deceptively edited clip was used by Schultz to make a false allegation of racism against the Texas governor.

Punkie74
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:25 AM

This can't be true!! MSNBC only reports the news correctly!! They would never try to sway voters!!!

LMAO damn I almost said that with a strait face...

Quoting imamomzilla:

UPDATE: Aug.16

On tonight's "The Ed Show" on MSNBC, Ed Schultz admitted he was in error in deceptively editing a clip of Gov. Rick Perry, removing the meaning and context of the governor's statement. The deception was first revealed here at Breitbart.tv.

He did not apologize, and he did not explain to his viewers that the deceptively edited clip was used by Schultz to make a false allegation of racism against the Texas governor.

Elyce225
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I can't wait to see the excuses from those who support this station.  Ya know because anything they watch is perfect, lol.

Also, MSNBC is the WORST! 

Greenstone920
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:39 AM

And Fox is so fantastic, isn't it?  They never show any bias, or take things out of context.  

Quoting Elyce225:

I can't wait to see the excuses from those who support this station.  Ya know because anything they watch is perfect, lol.

meriana
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Can't imagine why he would have taken the time to do that in the first place. Most, if not all, politicians don't need anyone editing stuff for people to figure out that what they say and what they do are two different things and a great many of their ideas are more self-serving than country-serving.

Elyce225
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Did I say Fox is fantastic?  Now you are assuming.  Fox is biased, just not as bad as MSNBC ;)  Taking things out of context and flat out lying is a wee bit different, lol.

I was going to write a bunch of "Fox is this" and see who says what but this is much more fun.

Quoting Greenstone920:

And Fox is so fantastic, isn't it?  They never show any bias, or take things out of context.  

Quoting Elyce225:

andiemomo3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Ah hell.  Every darn news station is biased.  Pick your evil. 

My Dad was a reporter/editor for 40 years.  We had two papers in our town.  And on purpose - one was "left" and one was "right".  It was so much fun to watch the dueling papers daily for years.  I enjoy the same thing with our television news now.

Oh - and one of the papers in our town closed down several years ago.  There is now no left/right battling.  It took all the spark out of the newspaper business in our town.  I like having it in our news networks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)