Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's always about "why aboriton should be illegal", here are reason why it should stay legal.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM
  • 122 Replies

Abortion -Legal Abortion -Illegal

A Chilling Comparison

The Results if the

Anti-Abortionists

Have Their Way

The Results if the

Right of Choice in Childbearing

is Maintained

If Abortion
Is Outlawed:

If Abortion Remains
Safe & Legal:

1) Women, once again, will be required to risk their lives in a desperate attempt to limit their family size.

1) Limiting family size, even after incurring an accidental pregnancy, will be a safe, personal choice.

2) Family size will be dictated by a church-dominated-government.

2) Family size will be a matter of personal preference and conscious choice

3) Abortions will continue, only now they will be illegal and thus more costly, more dangerous, and more difficult to obtain.

3) A safe and legal abortion will be available at a fair price for all women who choose and/or require such a service.

4) Many women's reproductive organs will be permanently damaged by botched, illegal abortions. They will be unable to bear children and many will be subjected to life long health problems.

4) Women who have abortions will still be able to bear children at a later time, if and when they choose to.

5) Thousands of American women will die needlessly as a result of botched, illegal abortions.

5) A woman dying in the U.S. as a result of a legal abortion will continue to be an almost non-existent occurrence

If Abortion
Is Outlawed:

If Abortion Remains
Safe & Legal:

6) Thousands, perhaps millions of innocent children's lives will be devastated because their mother died as a result of an illegal abortion.

6) More children will grow up in homes and families where their mother is alive, healthy and present to care for them.

7) The constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion will once again have been seriously violated. We will be one step closer to a church-dominated government.

7) Our constitutional rights and our individual freedoms will have prevailed.

8) Many abortions will be performed in unsafe, illegal, degrading and alienating back alleys by unqualified amateurs.

8) Abortions will continue to be performed in safe, legal, compassionate surroundings by competent professionals.

9) Affluent women will continue to have access to abortions, but will have to pay a higher price in terms of money, safety and/or convenience.

9) A safe and legal abortion will be available at a fair price for all women who choose and/or require such a service.

10) Poor women will not be able to afford quality abortion services and will be forced to seek illegal abortions from unqualified amateurs under unsafe, degrading conditions or produce still another unwanted child.

10) A safe and legal abortion will be available at a fair price for all women who choose and/or require such a service.

If Abortion
Is Outlawed:

If Abortion Remains
Safe & Legal:

11) The poor, the sick, the deprived, the uneducated, the unhealthy and the drug addicts will have far less access to abortion & birth control. Abortion services now available to these women will be terminated.

11) Safe and legal abortion services will remain available to the poor, the sick, the deprived, the uneducated, the unhealthy and to those addicted to drugs.

12) More babies will be born to women in the socioeconomic groups that are least able to care for themselves, most likely to need public assistance, and least likely to contribute to our society.

12) Fewer babies will be born to women in the socioeconomic groups that are least able to care for themselves, most likely to need public assistance and least likely to contribute to our society.

13) Outlawing abortion will increase the number of babies born addicted to and/or damaged by cocaine, heroin, nicotine and alcohol.

13) Access to safe and legal abortions will reduce the number of babies born addicted to and/or damaged by cocaine, heroin, nicotine and alcohol.

14) To outlaw abortion will create more dependent people, more welfare recipients and will result in higher taxes and an increased burden on our already overtaxed and overburdened social structure.

14) Access to safe and legal abortions will reduce the burdens on our social structures.

15) Outlawing abortion will increase the number of babies born with incurable, congenital birth defects.

15) Access to safe and legal abortions will reduce the number of babies born with incurable, congenital birth defects.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:56 AM

If Abortion
Is Outlawed:

If Abortion Remains
Safe & Legal:

16) To outlaw abortion will increase the human population and thereby increase the burden on our already overtaxed environment.

16) Access to safe and legal abortions will reduce the rate the of the human population increase and thereby reduce the burdens on our environment.

17) To outlaw abortion will increase the number of teenage mothers, resulting in many budding careers and life-plans being killed and replaced by diaper changing.

17) Access to safe and legal abortions will reduce the number of teenage mothers and increase the number of young women in creative, productive (non-parental) roles in our society.

18) To outlaw abortion will increase the number of unwed mothers.

18) Access to safe and legal abortions will reduce the number of unwed mothers.

19) Remember the old saying "Like Father Like son"? To outlaw abortion will increase the number of poor, sick, deprived, uneducated, unhealthy and drug addicted people.

19) Access to safe and legal abortions will result in fewer poor, sick, deprived, uneducated, unhealthy and drug addicted people.

20) To outlaw abortion will increase grief, misery pain and suffering for millions of people who are already overburdened with too many children.

20) Access to safe and legal abortions will reduce grief, misery pain and suffering for millions of people.

Elyce225
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM

If Abortion
Is Outlawed:

If Abortion Remains
Safe & Legal:

21) To outlaw abortion will cause poverty to escalate. Already poor families will be burdened with still more unwanted children, thus, reducing their standards of living even further.

21) Access to safe and legal abortions will result in higher standards of living for many families. They will have only as many children as they can adequately care for.

22) Because poverty is the number one cause of crime, to outlaw abortion will also cause an increase in crime.

22) Access to safe and legal abortions will result in a reduction of criminal activity.

23) To outlaw abortion will increase the costs of social services (such as welfare) paid for by the taxpayers.

23) Access to safe and legal abortions will reduce the costs of social services paid for by the taxpayers.

24) To outlaw abortion will result in increased child neglect, increased child abuse, and increased child abandonment. Spousal abuse (and spousal abandonment) will also rise because the combination of more unwanted children and more frustrated parents will result in more parents taking out their frustrations on their spouses and on their children.

24) Access to safe and legal abortions will reduce child neglect, child abuse, child abandonment and spousal abuse because households with wanted children will be happier.

25) To outlaw abortion will cause the abusive use of alcohol, nicotine, cocaine and other deadly drugs to escalate. --- not only through the "Like father like son" scenario, but also because there will be more miserable people wanting to escape from their unhappy lives. More drugs also equals more crime.

25) Access to safe and legal abortions will create more families where all the children are wanted thus creating happier families, families from which there is less need and desire to escape into drugs.

Less drugs also equals less crime.

If Abortion
Is Outlawed:

If Abortion Remains
Safe & Legal:

26) If abortion is outlawed, the zealots for a-church-dominated-government will have won another victory and will go on to attack still more of our constitutional freedoms.

21) If abortion remains safe and legal, our constitutional rights and individual freedoms will have prevailed against religious tyranny and intimidation.

27) If abortion is outlawed, the anti-abortionists will amplify their attempts to restrict birth control and sex education. As a result, still more people will die unnecessarily from AIDS due to lack of information on "safe sex".

27) If abortion remains safe and legal, this will: (A) tend to promote more birth control research, (B) promote the dissemination of more information on sexual health and birth control, (C) encourage the teaching of sex education to young people, (D) reduce the number of people who die of AIDS for lack of information on "safe sex".

28) If abortion is outlawed, the anti-abortionist's war of intimidation will escalate into a war of government violence against its own citizens adding further to social unrest and to the disrespect for government. As Hitler clearly showed us, the dominator mentality is not appeased by victory. It is only encouraged.

28) Access to safe and legal abortions will promote personal freedom and encourage social stability.

29) If the anti-abortionists prevail, politicians will be even more afraid to vote against anything that the church zealots want for fear of being blacklisted and voted out of office.

29) If the right to a safe and legal abortion prevails, politicians will feel encouraged to vote for other laws that make common sense and promote personal freedoms.

30) Many highly ethical, highly just, well-educated and highly skilled people will be forced to choose between what their conscience tells them is right and what is "legal". Many of these people will technically become criminals.

30) If the right to a safe and legal abortion prevails, ethics and what is "legal" will be one step

danie24
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM

bump

minimom11107
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Most of those "if it was illegal" all the hoity toity pro-life (not all just the hoity toity ones) moms would say the woman got what she deserved.

Elyce225
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Quoting minimom11107:

Most of those "if it was illegal" all the hoity toity pro-life (not all just the hoity toity ones) moms would say the woman got what she deserved.

It's sad, isn't it?   I love how people scream women's right but when it comes to this we should have none.

I kind of want to buy the "I've had an abortion" shirt even though I never have, lol. 

Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Okay...

maciymommieof3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:08 PM

bumpity

maciymommieof3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Quoting Elyce225:

Quoting minimom11107:

It's sad, isn't it?   I love how people scream women's right but when it comes to this we should have none.

I kind of want to buy the "I've had an abortion" shirt even though I never have, lol. 

I will lend you mine.

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

Elyce225
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Quoting maciymommieof3:

Quoting Elyce225:

Quoting minimom11107:

I will lend you mine.

Sweet <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)