Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should parents plain for every possible bad thing that could happen?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:14 PM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: Should parents plain for every possible bad thing that could happen?

Options:

yes

no

If you did you would never have kids because you would never have enough money to care for every posible problem

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I think that would be impossible to do.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I agree

Quoting jillbailey26:

I think that would be impossible to do.

Elyssa414
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM
It would be absolutely impossible. Parents should know that they may need a cushion, because unexpected things happen, like trips to the ER and dental problems- but if you planned for every child as if they were going to be permanently disabled or need major surgeries or spend years of their lives in the hospital.... You'd have to be a billionaire, and even though I HAVE that kid, I know that it's the exception not the rule, and I do not think that it's irresponsible to have more kids and assume that they are going to NOT need the level of care my Elijah needs.that's why we have government programs to help with unexpected, unimaginable unplannable (is that a word?) things that can happen, but probably won't!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenie63
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM

No one can predict the future, even if they have a crystal ball. So no. 

Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM

I guess it depends on the personal idea of what constitutes a problem?

I plan for the worst and hope / expect the best... but what I consider a problem is probably not what most people would even be thinking about.

Thelmama
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:33 PM

It is impossible!  I did not plan for the first few years of my son's life for him to be deathly ill most of the time. I did not plan for him to almost die on more than one occasion. There is no way one can play for a 6 day PICU stay due to an asthma attack gone wrong because a respiratory therapist without a brain gave my child a medicine not to be given to a child with peanut allergy.  I asked what medicine he was being given. They told me and that it was safe KNOWING his allergy list.  My son almost died due to a medical error. Nope on way one can plan for that stuff.

Ataemommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Plan for? No.

Prepare for? Yes.

arnptee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Unless one can see into the future with a crystal ball or something, this is not possible.

andiemomo3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:32 PM

I didn't vote.  I don't believe you can.  I do, however, believe that you can be as absolutely prepared as you can possibly be for the unknown and the known.  Try to cover your bases.

Life happens.  Bad stuff happens.  Good stuff happens.  I tell my children - every day that you get out of bed you are taking a chance - to take on life.  With the good and the bad.  You can't let that scare you!  You have to make the best out of what you have.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:57 PM
No, I don't live my life that way and wouldn't want to. I am optimistic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)