• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Piog OVN shift.. If you could work from home?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:28 PM
  • 2 Replies

I work as a card fraud analyst... I basically monitor credit transactions and determine if they are fraudulent or not. If I feel they are fraudulent I call the customer to verify... If it is fraud I close the card, order a new one and file a dispute on the transaction... If it's not fraud I say ok thanks for your business and have a nice day... That pretty much sums up my job. I work 9am to 8pm 4 days a week with a rotating schedule, it basically works out that every third week I have 5 days off in a row.

My department is looking to hire someone to work overnight from 8pm to 7am. Because of the hours the person working this shift would not call customers. They would simply monitor incoming transactions, if something was suspicious they would place a security block and move the card into a queue for someone on the morning shift to contact the customer during normal business hours.

I have been thinking of talking to my boss about taking this overnight shift (which they are having a hard time filling) IF I could work it remotely from home. I have a two year old as well as one on the way that is due at the end of December.

I'm thinking if it happened I could send my son to daycare in the morning and leave him until 2pm when he wakes up from nap time. That would give me from 8am to 1:30pm to sleep during the day. I would then have the rest of the day to spend with him. His daddy gets home at 7pm from work so he would take him over once my shift started at 8.

Anyway... I'm thinking if I did that it would allow me to spend more time with my son than I do now.. Also when the baby comes we won't have to worry about newborn daycare since I would be home... Would you ladies do it? I actually used to work overnight before I had my son so I know all about having to sleep during the day and being a vampire lol.

Just wanted some opinions before I go talk to my boss about it...

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
fryshannon34
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I'd try it out

LancesMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I'd only do it if you could be home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)