Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In These Hard Times How Do You Feel...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM
  • 255 Replies

About ppl on Public Assist.? Mostly those that havent even tried to work or get job training. That keep having more kids. That basically live off it. Then the kids grow up & do the same. How is this Country going to cont. to pay for all this?? They are resorting to cutting S.S. & Medicare for Seniors, that worked all their lives. Is that fair?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Ahh now you are talking the subject to death.  It kind of seems like you want to start drama.

JenMarie2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Yeah, but she was more creative about it than most of us .... she disguised it very well with her title. I just put it all out there right up front. lol

Quoting Elyce225:

Ahh now you are talking the subject to death.  It kind of seems like you want to start drama.


MommyOfOne2710
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Yeah... I'm not even gonna go there. Sounds like someone wants to start drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I'm fine with it. I don't judge anyone on it, because I don't know their finances intimately enough to be able to say they should or shouldn't be on it. I'm not interested in adopting their children, so I guess I'm willing to pay for them with my taxes. 

harpsichord
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I don't feel any different about people on PA than I do those who are not. Why would I?

I think we can all agree that abusing the system is certainly not a good thing. 

Ataemommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:22 PM

These are all false assumptions. The biggest form of public assistance is social security but I rarely see people complaining about THAT. Only 20% of people who used public assistance need it for longer than 2 years -- the other 80 percent get off of it within 2 years. It's a silly, stupid thing to bitch about.

Seems pretty idiotic to bitch about public assistance, especially if you're receiving say, the mortgage interest credit, which is a form of public assistance that the government spends TRIPLE on than assistance for low-income earners.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Social security is based on what you've put in over your years in the workplace. There's no way to abuse that system, it's basically just taking back what you've put in. Same with SSDI....which is really SS based on early retirement. You can't lie, cheat, have more kids, etc, to get any more with SS.  

Quoting Ataemommy:

These are all false assumptions. The biggest form of public assistance is social security but I rarely see people complaining about THAT. Only 20% of people who used public assistance need it for longer than 2 years -- the other 80 percent get off of it within 2 years. It's a silly, stupid thing to bitch about.

Seems pretty idiotic to bitch about public assistance, especially if you're receiving say, the mortgage interest credit, which is a form of public assistance that the government spends TRIPLE on than assistance for low-income earners.

 

Ataemommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Au contraire, madam! Social security fraud is a problem.


Quoting EireLass:

Social security is based on what you've put in over your years in the workplace. There's no way to abuse that system, it's basically just taking back what you've put in. Same with SSDI....which is really SS based on early retirement. You can't lie, cheat, have more kids, etc, to get any more with SS.  


Quoting Ataemommy:


These are all false assumptions. The biggest form of public assistance is social security but I rarely see people complaining about THAT. Only 20% of people who used public assistance need it for longer than 2 years -- the other 80 percent get off of it within 2 years. It's a silly, stupid thing to bitch about.


Seems pretty idiotic to bitch about public assistance, especially if you're receiving say, the mortgage interest credit, which is a form of public assistance that the government spends TRIPLE on than assistance for low-income earners.


 


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Tell me how, I'm very interested to learn. 

Quoting Ataemommy:

Au contraire, madam! Social security fraud is a problem.


Quoting EireLass:

Social security is based on what you've put in over your years in the workplace. There's no way to abuse that system, it's basically just taking back what you've put in. Same with SSDI....which is really SS based on early retirement. You can't lie, cheat, have more kids, etc, to get any more with SS.  


Quoting Ataemommy:


These are all false assumptions. The biggest form of public assistance is social security but I rarely see people complaining about THAT. Only 20% of people who used public assistance need it for longer than 2 years -- the other 80 percent get off of it within 2 years. It's a silly, stupid thing to bitch about.


Seems pretty idiotic to bitch about public assistance, especially if you're receiving say, the mortgage interest credit, which is a form of public assistance that the government spends TRIPLE on than assistance for low-income earners.


 


 

PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM


Quoting harpsichord:

I don't feel any different about people on PA than I do those who are not. Why would I?

I think we can all agree that abusing the system is certainly not a good thing. 



Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)