Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omg, AGAIN?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

I've gone through more freaking iPod chargers than I care to even admit. It's ridiculous. I've tried chargers from Apple, I've tried off brand. They all suck hard.

The Apple charger's cord sucks and I end up with little wires sticking out of it on both ends.

The off brand kind has a much better cord, but just stops working after like, a month or two. 

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Does this happen to anyone else? 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steveiguana
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM

no what kind of ipod?

harpsichord
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Quoting steveiguana:

no what kind of ipod?

iPod touch

yasbobari
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Get one of those mat things you just lay them off, if it will work with it.

bec94
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM
No....is it possible you are being to rough? Are you pulling on the plug or the cord when pulling it out? That's the only way I can think of the wires popping out. I have had iPhones for the last 4 years and have not had to buy any chargers for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM
I am replacing apple cables yearly, if I'm lucky. I know exactly what you mean about the wires breaking out the ends where it bends at the plugs. I have also had several of the plastic plugs (the part that plugs into the iPod itself) crack in half. I've had iPhones, iPods, iPads over the past 5 years and have gone rough numerous cables.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:53 PM
I've thought of this myself but I usually use my phone when it's charging so I can't do the mat.

Quoting -42-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Quoting -42-:

oooooooh I have never heard of those, I will look into it

harpsichord
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Quoting bec94:

No....is it possible you are being to rough? Are you pulling on the plug or the cord when pulling it out? That's the only way I can think of the wires popping out. I have had iPhones for the last 4 years and have not had to buy any chargers for it.

No, I used to bring my iPod and charger EVERYWHERE and thought that was the issue, that I was handling it too much or something.  Now I just charge it at home, plugging it into my laptop. 

harpsichord
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I am replacing apple cables yearly, if I'm lucky. I know exactly what you mean about the wires breaking out the ends where it bends at the plugs. I have also had several of the plastic plugs (the part that plugs into the iPod itself) crack in half. I've had iPhones, iPods, iPads over the past 5 years and have gone rough numerous cables.

Ugh, that sucks! I'm so frustrated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)