Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bathroom Lament

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

Why is it when men "hide out" in the bathroom it's okay, but when a mom actually has to use it legitimately kids pound on the door needing an immediate audience from mom??!! It's the only room in my house with a lock, and still I can't be in there for more than a minute without my kid (or dog) NEEDING ME?!!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM

If you figure it out, let me know. Nobody, not my 10yo, 11yo, OR HUSBAND, lets me even CLOSE the door most of the time, much less LOCK it, since one of them is always on my heels wanting/needing something.

SP_Mama
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:30 AM

You get a minute?  You're lucky.  *L*  My son seems to think I need a chaperone to go to the bathroom despite the fact I've been doing it on my own for over 30 yrs.  Our door doesn't latch closed and the lock doesn't work, so I can't even lock the door for privacy. 

fraujones
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM

When my daughter was about 3 years old, I sat down on the toilet and asked her if I could have some privacy.

"Ok," she said, "I'll grab my private seat."

She pulled up as stool and sat down.

jerzeetomato
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM

LMAO!!   But mom's have been asking themselves this same question since Ozzie and Harriet got married.

Quoting fraujones:

When my daughter was about 3 years old, I sat down on the toilet and asked her if I could have some privacy.

"Ok," she said, "I'll grab my private seat."

She pulled up as stool and sat down.

dpurdin
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM

LOL - when I was babysitting I decided it was easier to just leave the bathroom door open

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)