Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
Started Christmas shopping yet?

I need suggestions....I have a 5 yr old girl and 8 yr old boy to shop for. Any ideas of what to get them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I have.  So far we got my 11 year old son a second TV and a second X-box.  A few games.  A few air soft gear.

I got my three year old son so of the leap frog stuff.  A few tub toys. A robe and slippers.

I got my two year old daughter some dolls, trucks, and a race track thing.  She is really into nightgowns now so I got a few of those.

As for your 5 year old I have no idea because I never had a girl that age.  My son at the age 8 loved kinex (the Ferris wheel and the roller coaster) and really anything he could put together.  We got him a lot of science experiments at that age.  He loved the volcano and growing crystals.  If you go to the store Michaels they have a lot of cool things for boys.  Bird houses they can build and paint etc.

LancesMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Not even thought about it! I should start but have no idea myself what to get.

michelles
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Haven't started shopping but me and my two SIL's have agreed that our kids are going to make things for each other this year! I found lots of neat things to make...maybe even some for the adults, too!

Punkie74
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Nope but if you come up with any brilliant ideas for the 5 year old girl let me know!!!

Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Haven't even thought about it til I opened this... and no, I wont be shopping for Christmas unless I see something on sale (will probably end up making gifts this year anyway... he has too much crap as it is).

Goofygoddess72
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM
I have started... my kids are older(16, 14, & 14)... I'm doing books, movies, and video games... when my dd was 5, I did baby dolls and baby doll accessories... when boys were 8, did cars, lincoln logs, and bath stuff... of course clothes for all ages... kind of followed what they were into at that time... also might want to do bedroom accessories in favorite characters... my kids LOVED that! If into crafts, might want to try craft projects for kids... hope this gives you some ideas...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harymarshman
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:51 AM

I got my niece a tea party set, dress up clothes and play hair styling things last year for Christmas. She was 4 at the time.

jerzeetomato
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I'm working on that list now - let the ordering begin!!

seaniesmommie87
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:56 AM

We have not... I shop black friday tho so that will be a good time to start lol. We have birthdays in september, october and december so its a little tight on money.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:59 AM

My girls are 20 and 17 so they get stockings and one big present.  I am out of the loop on little kids toys but I do miss them being small.  I found if I started early I bought way too much, lol.  Did that a few times. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)