Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband just got FIRED! Im in total shock right now.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:04 PM
  • 52 Replies

I dont understand why. He hasnt done anything wrong, seriously. He drives everyday over an hour to go to work, always on time, always does what he is supposed to do, always willing to work overtime. I just dont know what to think or do. We are so screwed. We were already behind on bills and stuff and now we have no income. Im so scared. Jobs are so hard to find right now. Yes, of course I can and will look for work but my earning capability is less than half of my husbands, I cannot support family of four on what I can make. Sure I can help but not fully support. I dont know what we are going to do.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
giroirk
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:06 PM
I'm sorry!! I really hope he can find another job, asap!!!:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:06 PM

I'm so sorry

steveiguana
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM

hugs was he laid off or fired? If fired does he have an appeals process available. Most companies do not fire someone without lots of warnings unless it was a severe problem

Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM

When I first read the title, I read "fried" (and thought 'do men never learn not to shove things into an electrical socket while the power is on'), on second glance I noticed it said "fired". Sorry to hear he lost his job! Hope you guys make it! Best wishes.

Elyce225
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Did they tell him why he was fired?  I think they have to, correct?

Tatiana7
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Be sure to file unemployment, asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michelleinfl
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:10 PM

I am so sorry! Make sure he applies for unemployment. He may get it. My brother got fired and still got unemployment! Also, talk to your creditors, often they will work with you as much as possible if you let them know your situation. I hope that he is able to find something else quickly. GL to you!

Ataemommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:14 PM

This is a blessing. You were unable to move from your shithole apartment complex and now you can. The energy you put out into the universe made this happen for you. So now you can look for something else more affordable to survive.

tanmans_mom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Sorry, everything will work out!! We are kinda in the same boat.....

kitty8199
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Was he fired, or laid off?  File for unemployment ASAP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)