Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this looks aweful! and I have to work tomorrow! UPDATE W/PIC

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

so i have a medium dark brown hair color. I wanted to dye it blonde. so i bought 3 bleach kits. it took 2 on my hair. I left it in there as long as i could stand on my head and it turned out blonde all right. but it also has a small reddish tint to it. I want blonde, not strawberry blonde. any idea how to fix this? i was thinking maybe wait a few days and then bleach it again. what do you think?

so this morning my hair is all dry and i wanted to show ya'll this better pic lol. i'm still giong after work today and getting something to tone it down with. but it's not bad still. just more than i wanted

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ataemommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Not unles you want your hair to fall out. If you had red tones to begin with, they are not coming out -- you should get an ash toner from a beauty supply store and that will help tone down some of the red. If you keep putting bleach in, it will break off and you will have orange hair.

SunnyJoJo
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:48 PM

in addition to this, get yourself a nice deep conditioning mask  or a few cans of coconut milk for your hair as well because I'm sure it feels like straw after 2 bleach kits.

Quoting Ataemommy:

Not unles you want your hair to fall out. If you had red tones to begin with, they are not coming out -- you should get an ash toner from a beauty supply store and that will help tone down some of the red. If you keep putting bleach in, it will break off and you will have orange hair.

barefootNky113
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:52 PM

i used a tree oil deep conditioner after i bleached it. It feels fine. just the tips of my bangs feel funny. but they always do no after i dye it no matter the color.

I am confused. Is a toner the same as a hair dye? it doesn't look bad by any means, just a strawberry blonde color.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

in addition to this, get yourself a nice deep conditioning mask  or a few cans of coconut milk for your hair as well because I'm sure it feels like straw after 2 bleach kits.

Quoting Ataemommy:

Ataemommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Quoting barefootNky113:

i used a tree oil deep conditioner after i bleached it. It feels fine. just the tips of my bangs feel funny. but they always do no after i dye it no matter the color.

I am confused. Is a toner the same as a hair dye? it doesn't look bad by any means, just a strawberry blonde color.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Quoting Ataemommy:

No, toner isn't the same. Get thee to a Sally Beauty. Ask for a violet based ash blonde. 

CAluv
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Dang, I'd love a strawberry blonde. Does it look too unnatural?

Foxybug
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Next time put your hair up in tin foil so it keeps the heat in to correctly activate the bleach
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootNky113
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:35 AM

ok just so you know that is NOT how red it is. my lighting in the bathroom is terrible! and it's all wet. My GF does hair and she told me to give it a few days, use my shampp that is suppossed to take the copper out in a few days, and see if that helps any. if not then bleach it again using a 10 or 20 vol. not a 40 like a did. i'll end up having to get a hair cut but i always do after i dye it. so i guess i'll have this look for a few more days lol

Schleetle
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Use a toner, and shimmering lights shampoo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootNky113
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:45 AM

i am still unsure what a toner is. But I do have the shimmering lights shampoo. please tell me exaclty what is a toner? and how long do i need to wait before i can out it in? some say right after you bleach it and some say wait.

Quoting Schleetle:

Schleetle
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:06 AM
You can tone it ASAP. It goes over bleached hair to take the orange, or yellowy hues out. Wella color charm at Sallys has a bunch depending on what shade you want. You have to maintain it often though like every 4-6wks depending on your hair.

Quoting barefootNky113:

i am still unsure what a toner is. But I do have the shimmering lights shampoo. please tell me exaclty what is a toner? and how long do i need to wait before i can out it in? some say right after you bleach it and some say wait.

Quoting Schleetle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)