Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i overreacting?( with a post now LOL)

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter is at college.  SInce day one her room mate has been a nightmare.  My daughter lives in a Quad.  Monday night there was an altercation betweeen 2 of her roommates one of which was her suite mate.  It was a verbal altercations which almost came to blows. My daugter tried to defuse the situation it didn't work so she got the RA.  

They had a special quad meeting last night.  The RA basically told my daughter and the other roommate to deal with it.  Last night they changed rooms by suggestion of the RA but the RA was not there to supervise.  ANd the person in question invited friends over to help and bullied my daughter and her roommate all nitght long. When my daughter conatcted the RA she told her to be patient and tolerate it.  

These girls fear there will be another altercation.

My daughter is not one to call mommy and cry but she did that last night. I was s pissed that I sent a letter to the dean of student life.  Was that going to far. 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamafor6
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Yes b/c  you are a woman and we tend to over react BTW no words in post

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:23 AM

To  What ?

evanne337
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:26 AM

i think I missed something...let me go put my glasses on lol

mommy259
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:27 AM

well of course you are...lol

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I have a dd going to college next year.  It would have to be something big for me to get involved.  When they go away they need to learn to deal with life lessons and work things out.  If I were your dd I would go back to the RA or have your dd go to whoever higher up.  I probably wouldn't write a letter or make the call myself, my dd would need to do it.  I do feel back for your dd in that situation. 

dancer33
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

I have a dd going to college next year.  It would have to be something big for me to get involved.  When they go away they need to learn to deal with life lessons and work things out.  If I were your dd I would go back to the RA or have your dd go to whoever higher up.  I probably wouldn't write a letter or make the call myself, my dd would need to do it.  I do feel back for your dd in that situation. 

if feel the same way.  i do not want to get involved.  DD has already talked to the next person in line luckily he did not get me email  lol  .  they are having meeting he thinks it is reiculous that it has gotten to the point it is. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I am glad someone higher up is getting involved. They should be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)